Introduction (Part Five of Five)

Arthur Kirkland; The Battle of Britain

Date: September 15th, 1940

     Arthur Kirkland, the personification of England, was stuck in London with Cillian, while his other two brothers were out fighting in the war. Saoirse had said she would remain neutral throughout the entire war. He had no idea why, but when he asked she had answered that she had just gained her freedom and that she didn't want to lose it.

     'If ye really cared ye would've signaled a blackout throughout the entire country' Cillian had muttered after they thought they got out of earshot that day. He wasn't wrong though. Saoirse hadn't signaled a black out, which let German planes find their way up to Northern Ireland to bomb Belfast, which angered Cillian and Arthur alike.

     Suddenly Arthur felt uneasy. Cillian looked up from the paperwork he was doing in the dining room.

     "Arthur? Are ye okay? Ye look a little on edge," He said, with only a glint of concern in his voice which was, other than that, emotionless.

     'Thanks for noticing, Captain Obvious,' Arthur thought as he looked up from his embroidery.

     "Yeah. It's honestly nothing to worry about, Cillian."

     Cillian looked at Arthur suspiciously, glaring, and staring directly into Arthur's eyes, which made him a little uncomfortable. At that point he wished he could use his magic, but he knew it was worthless to try, because the only magic he knew was summoning magic, while Cillian knew Celtic and, like Saoirse and Dylan, was a bard. All Cillian had to do was pick up his flute, violin, or just hum a tune, then poof! Whatever he needs is right there. Cillian wasn't as good with Celtic magic as Saoirse was, but he was still more powerful than Arthur. Not only that, but the oldest two are able to know when someone was listening to their thoughts and magically shut them out from hearing them. They could even tap into anyone's thoughts, magic or not, and communicate with them.

     'Wait,' Arthur thought, thinking he realized what Cillian was doing. 'You're in my thoughts aren't you?'

     Cillian chuckled half heartedly.

     "Ye could tell, huh?" he said, smiling sadly at Arthur, who was sitting in the conjoined living room. Arthur tensed up even more. Cillian didn't even TRY to cover up his accent, which was the exact same as Saoirse's.

     Arthur hated the Irish accent, and was hoping that one day Cillian's accent would change to his more superior English accent over time, but he could only hope that one day it would happen.

     "Attack from the Luftflotte?" Cillian asked, probably already knowing the answer.

     "Yeah. It's weird because it's a daylight attack..." Arthur responded, looking out of the window to the rainy sky.

     "They're our enemies. They want to catch us off guard," Cillian said, surprising Arthur a little bit.

     "Yeah, but I don't know how long we can hold out, though, Cillian."

*~*Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment on what I can improve on and or fix!*~*

*~*Agent A.J. Signing out!*~*

Sorry the final three seemed a little rushed. We had a page limit, and I had gotten to the maximum in this chapter, so that's why the last three Intros were short.