Chapter One: The Vote

"Feck off! You're kidding right!? Why would ye leave this vote to the people? That's a recipe for disaster, ye know," Saoirse said, looking at all of her brothers with complete fear and shock in her eyes. She was in the middle of a world meeting in the UN building, located in New York City. She had suddenly and quickly stood up, purely out of shock, staring at Arthur after looking that the other three, near the back of the room.

     "Why would ye think of that, ladies?" She said still staring at her youngest brother, who was sitting next to her, the fear that used to shine in her eyes seven hundred years ago returning. There were other nations around, but she didn't care if they saw the tears that were threatening to form. They called her a crybaby half the time for a reason. They didn't know why, but she did.

     Her past. Her history. What she had to do to get to this point, where she was an independent country with her own, some would argue, working government. How much she suffered and endured, but all of that was nothing compared to pain of losing her twin to her youngest brother. Knowing that he started to side with him more than her made the split inevitable, but knowing that it was going to happen had just made the pain even worse for her. There were things she didn't remember in full, but she was glad she didn't, because she knew they were too painful to keep to herself.

     "Saoirse, look. We would be better off out of the EU, how can you not see that?" Arthur said, looking up. His eyes were slightly slanted, and Saoirse knew that expression from the moment he made it. It was the same face he made when he found her after the 1916 Easter Rising. It was what she liked to call Boss-eyes, known to them as a squint or glare. She returned that look, with no hesitation.

     The entire room fell silent. Anyone who was talking before shut up to look at the two family members, and even Heracles Karpusi, the personification Greece, woke up from his nap to stare at them with wide eyes. Everyone knew that the entire Kirkland family had sour relationships with each other, but none of the family feuds were as prominent and violent as the feuds between the oldest and the youngest siblings.

     "Will you two knock it off? I had to step in to help you guys to make the Belfast, or Good Friday, or whatever you guys call it now, agreement. Can you not fight right now?" Alfred F. Jones, also known as America, said, sounding serious for only the twelfth time in front of the other nations.

     "Fine," Saoirse said, sitting down again, not looking at Arthur anymore, as if forgetting he existed. "I have nothing new to report."

     The rest of the UN meeting went on like that. Saoirse would never consider Arthur at all. When ever he spoke, she did turn to him like the others, but unlike them, she would look like there was only a voice and she didn't know where the voice was coming from. She didn't seem to care if it hurt Arthur, she just knew that the Good Friday Agreement, and the still unstable peace that came with it, was in danger, and she needed to make sure that won't happen again. She would try to make sure of it.

     'I will protect the Good Friday Agreement with me life, and if me economy has to suffer terribly, then so be it. If they vote for it, me economy may be the worst hit, but I won't stop until they join back in, or stay in the EEA, at the least. I won't let those times come back again.' Saoirse thought, as the meeting was finishing up.

     "Any seconds?" Ludwig, who represents the western part of Germany, said, looking around the room, and Saoirse raised her hand, and his head instantly snapped to where she was sitting directly across the room.

     "I second it," She said, looking directly at him before he continued finalizing and closing the meeting. She had shifted her eyes, absent mindedly, up to his and Gilbert's flag. She then realized one specific part of her thought from earlier, that scared her.

     'Me economy may be the worst hit... No... it WILL be the worst hit, especially if there's no deal... Oh Dhia what WERE their governments thinking?'

*End Chapter*

*~* Author's note*~*

Hey, Agents! I had this in the back burner for a while, but never posted it. Idk why, but I just never did. I hope to try and post the next chapter here soon. I'm trying to get into a schedule where people will know what time I intend to post.

If I forget...please remind me by spamming my DMs until I post an update or a story part. The schedule for updating is every Saturday. It doesn't matter what time, just Saturday. Please give me some time though, especially this Saturday (I'm going out of town). Just do it if it isn't out by 5:00 pm CST (Central Standard time).

Thank you! (';ω;`)

*~*Agent AJ Signing out!*~*