Ch 1 : Nervous (edited)

"EDITED" (2016) 

- Luna's POV -

"Hey Luna, are you excited for tomorrow? " Mia asked, while walking me to my class.Mia has been my best friend since kindergarten, we've been inseparable. And we always have each other's backs. "Mostly nervous. You know, finding a mate is scary." I admitted slowly."Why is it scary? It is the most wonderful feeling ever, finding the one that will love you, pamper you and cherish you all your life is amazing " She said dreamily.She hasn't found her mate yet, but her birthday is in a few months. "My parents left me two years ago, I've basically become invisible ever since. I am not sexy or hot. I am a nerd and no one wants to he with someone like me. My mate will reject me." I said, a bit hurt at the memories. When I was still thirteen, my parents died in a car crash. I have been kicked out of my house because I hadn't been paying the bills, and my,so called, family refused to take me in.That's why I live in the pack house now, at least I have a room, right?My name is Luna Karsh. And, yes my first name is Luna which means Moon in Spanish. My Dad once told me that he named me Luna because he was staring at the moon when he knew mom was pregnant,and because he believed that someday I will become the Luna of my pack.Yeah right, like the moon goddess would be so cruel to pair me with such a jerk.If you haven't figured out yet, my alpha is a rich, egotistical, selfish jerk who's popular- and a terrible person. I, on the other hand, am quite different. I'm a goody two-shoes as Mia says. I'm a nerd. I hope to get a scholarship because there's no way I'll be able to get into a collage. I just don't have enough money. I'm a senior at sixteen. I've been taking extra classes to graduate early. And get the hell out of this hell known as High School."No,he won't, Luna. I know that you are an amazing girl, and only the ignorant would fall for you." Mia said encouragingly. I gave a small smile, "Thanks Mia! You're a great friend!" "You are a good friend as well! " said Mia, patting me on the back. Even though I wasn't a popular girl, I was happy. I may have lost my parents, but I was blessed in a way. I had a home. I had food. I had clothes. I had a peaceful and calm life. And I had an amazing friend. I was going to graduate soon. And I got accepted into Harvard. This is a pretty good life. __________________________________________________I was lying on my bed, thinking about tomorrow. Who would be my mate? Will he reject me? What happens if he does? Will I find my mate? Will he hate me? Will he think I'm ugly? What if he abuses me? Questions were running through hi my head, and I couldn't help but think about the pain I would have to deal with once he rejected me. I just knew it wouldn't be romantic as Mia described it. I had a feeling that after tomorrow my life would change. And everyday after that would only get worse.