"You Broke My Boyfriend's Nose"

"Get off of me!" I roar. I don't know who tackled me but I'm gonna kill them. My face is pressed to the floor and someone puts their body weight on my back.

"You need to calm down." Johnathan says calmly. How the fuck is he so relaxed?! There's a man forcing himself on his sister! "Mia just had an extreme trauma, she doesn't need you going in there and beating the shit out of Ryan."

"Johnathan, I swear to god, I will have you kicked off the force of you don't let me go." Cold metal slides on my wrist and cuffs click closed. "What the hell John?!"

"She asked for him okay?" He tells me and I freeze. "She told the doctor she needed to see him. No one else has seen her."

"Did she say she needed him to kiss her?" I seethe, the image causing me to start struggling again.

"No, and once Meghan gets him out here -where my sister can't see- I'll uncuff you and give you one strike."

"He just kissed my wife..."

"Fine, I'll hold him for one, then you can have two more. Meghan's bringing him out now and if you speak before Isaiah gets off you," Isaiah is the one on me? Damn traitor. "I will leave those cuffs on you for the rest of the day. Do I make myself clear?"

Before I can argue, Meghan drags Ryan out by his ear, then slams the door behind her.

"Ow. Damn woman that hurts." Fucking pussy.

"Shut up Ryan!" Meghan snaps at him, then glares at something, Isaiah, behind me. "Real mature."

The weight is suddenly removed from my back. "He was about to commit murder in front of Mia." Isaiah says, wrapping his arms around my bicep, helping me off the floor. "She doesn't need to see that right now."

"Mia's not out here." Meghan shugs. "And the walls are completely soundproof." She smirks at Ryan before winking at me.

"Wait a second." Ryan looks terrified as Johnathan grabs the keys to the cuffs and steps behind me. "She kissed me okay?"

I bark a scoff. "That's the best you can come up with?" Lia kissed him? He thinks I'll believe that? I don't know why she wanted to see him but I'm sure as hell she didn't kiss him.

"Cameron, I'm serious, there's something wrong." The cuffs slip off my wrists and I smirk. Perfect timing.

Launching forward, I knock him to the ground in one swift punch.

He moans in pain and writhes on the ground. Before I can get another punch in, Lia's scream causes me to freeze.

She's white as a ghost and staring at Ryan.

"Hey ba-" Her glare shuts me up. What is happening?

"What is wrong with you?" Shocked, I look at Meghan for help. She looks as confused as me. Lia kneels down and grabs Ryan's hand. "Are you okay?"

"Uh..." Ryan glances at me before looking back at Lia. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Mia," Meghan pulls Amelia's focus from Ryan. "Whatchya doin?"

"Helping my boyfriend?" She looks confused.

The fuck?

I get it, this is a joke.

"Taking the joke a little too far Amelia." I yank her off the ground by her waist but she starts screaming, clawing at my arm. "Amelia! This isn't funny."

"What is going on up here?!" Doctor Percy looks furious. "Doctor Hunt, get the patient back into her room." He then helps Ryan off the ground and starts inspecting his nose.

Lia jerks herself out of my arms and sends me the harshest glare I've ever seen.

"Well, it's definitely broken." Doctor Percy sighs, looking away from Ryan's nose.

"You broke my boyfriend's nose!" She screeches at me right before sending her palm across my cheek.

Suddenly, except for the sound of my heart racing, it's completely silent. Every single person is frozen, except for Percy...

"Doctor Hunt! Get the patient into her room or you will be kicked off of this floor!"

While I sink to the floor, Isaiah straightens his coat and steps closer to Amelia.

"Wait," She frowns. "How are you a doctor already?"

"Mia," Meghan starts.

"No, we graduated two years ago. How are you already a doctor? That's impossible."

"Miss. Evans," Doctor Percy says seriously and I growl. 'Mrs. James' I want to yell. She's a James. "Can you follow my light." He takes a small white flashlight from his coat pocket and turns it on, shining it into her eyes.

"Hmm." He hums quietly. "Miss. Evans, how old are you?"

"Nineteen." This cannot be happening. "Doctor, what happened? Why am I here?"

"Miss. Evans, I will explain everything, but I need you to get back into bed while I go get the other doctors who treated you."

My focus is shifted when she grabs Ryan's hand before turning her back to me and dragging him past me.

"Come on." Ryan continues to follow her until he catches my eye.

"Um, babe," That's it. I spring from the floor but both Johnathan and Isaiah grab me before I strangle Ryan. The little bitch's eyes widen in fear. "I'm gonna stay out here to see what the doctor has to say, okay?"

"Oh." She pouts. That's my pout. She knows whenever she does that, I bite her lip. It's our thing. "Okay." My world stops as I see her lean forward and press her lips against his.

Literally a second later Megan pulls Amelia away from Ryan.

"Doctor said get back in bed." She says softly. "Come on." She tugs Amelia's hand and drags her into the room.

The last thing I hear said before the door closes is Amelia asking, "When did you go back to your natural hair color?"

When the door is fully closed, my eyes immediately snap to Ryan. He's in the middle of wiping the taste of my wife from his mouth. "I told you something was wrong!" He tells me and I step in front of him.

"You have ten seconds to get out of this hospital or I will make sure you're unable to ever be in it again."

"Cameron-"

"Then I'll hire a hit-man." I continue my threat.

"Mr. James, please," Percy says cooly. "Now is not the time."

"My wife has amnesia and this prick thinks I'm gonna let him take advantage of that." I growl out. "I think it's the perfect time."

"As your wife's doctor, I insist he stays here."

I chuckle menacingly. I'm confused, hurt, and beyond pissed, it's not the time to question me. "I practically own this hospital, I can snap my fingers and have you fired in an instant. I-"

"Mr. James," He has the audacity to interrupt me. "I don't know who this man is, but your wife currently seems very attached to him. For the sake of her and the baby, I must insist he stays here in case things get out of hand."

His words cause my anger to melt. "What do you mean?"

"We've established that your wife is suffering from amnesia, correct?"

I give him a single, sharp nod and he continues.

"That means, mentally, your wife is currently nineteen. She has no other memory telling her otherwise. What do you think is going to happen when she's told the truth? That she's really thirty-two, married, and expecting."

"She's gonna freak the fuck out..." Ryan mutters, he raises his hands defensively when I turn to him. "I'm just saying."

For the third time in an hour, I lunge for him.

***

Ugh, Ryan is such an annoying little baby. Unfortunately, you better get used to him.

Guys!!! Comment your thoughts!! I love reading them!!! 😁