"For The Rest Of My Days"

"Cameron," I hear Amelia come up from behind me as I grab a beer from the fridge. "I'm sorry, I meant to tell you but I completely forgot." She's whispering, obviously trying not to draw the attention of my parents from the dining room.

"It's fine." I mutter, straightening up and closing the refrigerator door. "Not a big deal."

"It's is, Cameron." She says after I turn to her. "You don't like your mother, I invited her over for dinner, and forgot to tell you."

"You invited my Dad too." I smirk, brushing my thumb against her cheek to get the flour that's there. "I'm not too fond of him at the moment either."

"I guess that means you get two kisses." She whispers and I quirk a brow.

"Are you gonna keep doing things I don't like and then kissing me to make it better?" I question, not too bothered by the prospect, as it reminds me of our past.

She steps closer, to the point that we're almost touching, bouncing onto the tips of her toes. "Until I'm braver." She whispers in my ear, sending a slight tremor through me, before stepping back and grabbing the bowl of fruit from the counter.

"I did something." My wife of one year practically bounces into my office. "And you can't get mad."

"I can't?" I ask, closing my laptop and leaning back in my chair. "What is it that you did?"

She's glowing, unable to stop smiling, and I have the feeling that I won't mind doing whatever she asks.

"I signed you up to coach Xander's soccer team." The coffee that I just started swallowing comes back up, sending me into a coughing fit.

"You what?" I question, when I'm finally able to breathe again.

"The coach who's been there for years was just diagnosed with cancer, they were going to skip the season."

I sigh in understanding. "And Xander was so excited."

"And you know how to play."

"Baby," I laugh at the pout on her face, begging me to agree. "Just because I played in school, ten years ago," I add. "Doesn't mean I know how to teach it."

She continues toward me, stepping between my legs.

"You were good, I remember."

"Amelia," I pull her down to my lap, laughing. "You only saw me at one game."

"Only one?" She questions, frowning. "I thought I went to more."

"Only one." I confirm before quickly pecking her lips. "I spent the whole game wishing you were there for me, not because you were hanging out with Meghan and Isaiah." I grab the piece of hair that has fallen into her eyes and tuck it behind her ear. "You were beautiful," I breath, my lips ghosting over hers. "Sitting in those bleachers. You're smile, when my team won, was so big I swear you were smiling for me."

She leans forward, our lips molding together. The move in sync for a few minutes before she pulls away, breathing heavily.

"How come you didn't say anything then?"

"I was a college senior in love with a high school sophomore." My thumb brushes her swollen lip. "It wasn't okay."

I follow the movement of her tongue as she wets her lips.

"I thought you were so unbelievably sexy that day." She grins, a sparkle in her ocean eyes. "At one point I swear you were trying to frustrate me, continually lifting your shift."