"I'm Sorry Ryan"

"Can you act like an adult now?" Johnathan asks, swinging the keys to the cuffs around his finger.

"He started it with his douchebag one-liners."

"I was stating facts, Cameron." Ryan rolls his eyes. "I'm not here to ruin your marriage so quit being a dick."

"For some reason, I don't believe you." I mutter, my glare causing him to look away.

"Amelia, please," Ryan hand comes up and be grabs Lia's wrist. "I know I made mistakes years ago, but I love you."

A soft snort escapes me before I can stop it. 'I love you so much I cheated.' Ryan doesn't know what love means.

"Ryan..." She whispers frowning. "Don't do this."

"Mia, don't marry him tomorrow."

I should leave. That would be the right thing to do, to give them privacy. Instead of moving away from the cracked door, my feet stay frozen. I know I have nothing to worry about, but I'm curious how she is going to turn him down.

"Tell me you don't love me." He's asking her to break his heart... Does he not see the ring on her finger, the one I put there?

"Ryan, I do love you." Ha! Suck- wait, what? I'm about to make my presence know when she continues. "But it's not the same. We dated for three years. I care about you, but it's the same love I feel for a lot of people in my life. What I feel for Cameron is something I've never felt before."

A grin replaces my frown when she mentions me.

"How safe I feel when he holds me, how loved I feel when he simply looks at me? I didn't think it was possible to feel that way."

Her next sentence fills me with pride.

"I'm sorry Ryan, but I never felt anything close to what I feel for Cameron when I was with you."

"Eight years ago she chose you, Cameron, I'm not here to try to get her back again. I'm here simply because Johnathan called saying she wouldn't see anybody until she saw me. That's it."

Under different circumstances, I might have been comforted by his sentence, but I know that nineteen-year-old Amelia believed she was completely in love with Ryan.

"You can come in." Lia says out loud once Ryan leaves.

"How did you know I was there?" I ask, walking to her. She never even looked in my direction.

She wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me to her. "I heard you snort when Ryan said he loved me."

"Oops." I mutter, sheepishly grinning when she glances up and rolls her eyes. Concern suddenly fills me. "Does that mean you said all that just because I was standing there?"

She scoffs, shaking her head as she pushes me away. "I will tell you this once, and then we're never going to talk about this again."

Before I can agree, she starts talking.

"I'll admit when Ryan an I were dating I could have sworn I was in love with him. I thought he might be the one." Hearing that she saw herself possibly marrying Ryan wasn't new, but it still hurt. "But now, with you, I have no hesitation. I know I will never love someone the way I love you and I know without a doubt that you're the one."

Her hand slowly comes up and wipes a tear from my cheek.

"Please," She whispers, rising to her tip-toes and brush my lips with hers. "Don't ever doubt my love for you again." Her breath is hot against my lips and her blue eyes sparkle as she looks up at me.