Once upon a note - Alexander x reader

*grabs a microphone out of thin air*
yOU HEARD THAT RIGHT
*points to the crowd of literally three people*
I AM DOING
AN ALEXANDER HAMILTON X READER
AND THE READER IS NOT HIS SIBLING
TODAY IS THE DAY
WHERE I MAKE THE WORLD SHOOK
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was just a normal day at home. I was sitting in the living room, waiting for my best friend, Alex, to come over. He rarely goes out of his study. I loved him, but he just works to hard to let me tell him. I'm pretty upfront about this stuff, but he's just a workaholic. I heard a knock at my door.

"It's open, Alex." I hollered. No answer. I get up and look at the door. I go to the door. "Alex?"

I open the door to find no one, but a pink note with a red rose. I look at it hesitantly.

Go to the park, where the blue swings are.
You always loved those swings, it's where we first met.

~Anonymous

I was getting creeped out. It sounded freaky as hell, but I was gonna go anyway. I slip on some shoes and head out the door, locking it. I still had the card and rose in hand. I get in my car, driving out to the park. I only know so many people who first met me at the swings. The Schuyler sisters and Alex's friends and him. Maybe it was one of his friends doing this? Or maybe Peggy or Eli, since Angelica's already dating someone. I didn't know. I park my car out by the dumpsters. I sigh. I used to love this place. I still do, in fact. I go to the swings by the playground. It was oddly empty. Usually there were a few kids here on the weekend. I see a blue note with another rose, except it was a pink rose. I open the card.

Next, go to the pizza place downtown. It's where we became friends through an enemy of mine..

~Anonymous

That narrows it down to Alex's friends. I became friends with them through Charles Lee, an old friend of my father's. They despise that guy. I drive down to the pizza place. It had a 90's retro then going on, white walls and blue bench seats line with a red leather tube. There was a small arcade with some car racing video games, a claw machine, and a couple of out-of-order games.

(For the few of you who live in my hometown, pretty much the Lamppost pizza by the Taco Bell downtown)

I approach the counter to see John. He smiles, his freckles darker than usual.

"[name]!" He says. "What can I do for you?"

"There's been this anonymous person that's been putting notes everywhere with roses on them." I say. "I'm just following them, and the second one told me to come here."

John's expression. "Y'know, uh, someone came by earlier with a note like that. Told me to give it to you."

He hands you a red note with a white rose. I look it strangely, then proceed to read it.

Go to the abandoned building uptown. The one by the scrap lot.

~Anonymous

"Thanks John." I say on my way out.

"Bye!"

I walk back to my car. Whelp, John's off the list. I drive uptown until I saw the old scrap lot and the abandoned building. I park my car. Just in case, I grab my pocket knife from the glove box before going in. I walk in, pulling it out. I had just prayed to god I remembered to sharpen the damn thing.

There was a single balloon illuminated by a single ray of sun from a window from above. I hesitantly walk towards it. Here was a orange note at the string of it. I grab the note.

This one was a little freaky, sorry. I don't want to harm you in any way.
Go to the bridge overlooking the river in the woods. The one only us and a couple of our friends know about.

~Anonymous

That leaves Aaron out of the picture. Only Lafayette, Hercules, Alex and I know about the bridge.

I go back into my car, putting the balloon and the note in the backseat, I close my knife and out it back into the glovebox. After a long drive, I park next to the high school and make my way into the woods. I see the old bridge. There were freshly bloomed oak trees surrounding it, the branches hovering over the river. Everyone knows about the river, but only the downstream part. Hercules, Lafayette, Alex and I were curious about what was upstream, so we hiked until we saw the bridge. We swore each other not to tell anyone.

I go onto the bridge, to see a a yellow note and a teddy bear. I grab the note and the teddy bear.

One last stop, [name], you can do this.
I want you to go back to the park, but go the soccer field. It should be nighttime by now, and the stars should be overhead. That'll be where you get your final note and finally see me. I'll soon reveal the secret, my love.

~Anonymous

I look around weirdly. I look up to see that the note was right. It was nighttime. I could see the stars. I go back into my car, putting the teddy bear by the balloon. The roses were in the passenger seat. I drive back to the park, which was a long way from the high school.

I walk onto the soccer field to see one final note, a white one. I pick it up, walking towards the center of the field.

This note is a bit of a long one, you know how much I love to write. But not as much as I love you. If I know you well enough, you've been narrowing down who has been sending these note. You must've crossed out the Schuyler sisters and John at the pizza place, Aaron Burr at the abandoned house, and all of our other friends at the swings. That leaves Hercules, Lafayette, and Alex. By when I said 'I love to write' you narrowed down to the one and only me.

The reason I did this is because I've been spending to much time away from you that it's been breaking your heart and mine. So let me give you this. I, Alexander Hamilton, do ask you to look up now so I can ask you an important question.

I look up to see Alex. Tears were silently flowing from my eyes. He was there, holding one final gift. A sign. When I read the sign, he read it aloud.

"Will you be mine?"

I put my hand over my mouth. Suddenly the entire field gets illuminated by fairy lights, and I see a blanket and a pizza. All of our friends - the Schuyler sisters, Alex's friends, even Jefferson and Madison. Jefferson rolled his, but Madison was excited. They were all clapping. I collapse to my knees, crying so much. Alex hugged me tightly.

"I love you."