Chapter 10: Bad Singers

A/N: So I've noticed that this story has been dragging a bit and I'm sorry for that! I'll try to get to the..."action" faster :)

"For a boring festival, they have some pretty awesome food. Is that all you're eating?"

I snapped out of my thoughts to look up at Vance. Woah, how does that guy manage to eat so...healthy? I guess it makes sense. I mean, he is an athlete after all. No wonder he has abs...wait - when did I become such a creep? I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

"I don't really feel like eating." Honestly speaking, I never ate much.

After what happened last night, I just couldn't stop thinking about Vance. What if I'm wrong? What if he's actually not okay? Why did I even care that much?

"Hey, um...Vance...about last night..." If looks could kill, Vance's death glare would've killed me in no time.

"It's not what you think!" I protested.

"Then what is it?" He growled.

"I was doing some research and you know how you...kind of need to light things on fire..."

"Shut up!" He quickly scanned our surroundings with a panicked look on his face.

I lowered my voice. "So I Googled about that and I think it might be pyromania."

"What the hell are you talking about?" He hissed.

"Well, pyromania is an impulse disorder and the symptoms include an obsessive desire to set things on fire..."

"Come on Zaavan, you sound like a dictionary. Besides, you shouldn't use the internet to diagnose people, it's dangerous."

"I know but it sounds exactly like you. I was just thinking that maybe you should get that checked out. You know, get some help..."

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop? Please Zaavan, aunt Lucy has already ruined my life. I just want to spend one day without thinking about her." He gave me a pleading look.

Maybe I should've pressed him some more, but the moment he gave me that look, all I could think of was how I didn't want to lose him. I didn't know what I'd do if he hated me, so I nodded and just changed the topic.

"Hey - update from Ariadne. Katja managed to get their performance moved to an earlier time. They're going to perform soon. We should go." We finished our lunch and made our way backstage.

"I need to go to the washroom!!!" cried Kennedy as we walked in.

"I'll go with you so you don't get lost," winked Kolton.

Kennedy raised an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure I can handle it."

"Oh, well I need to go too...so yeah?"

Kennedy shook her head. "Fine. Whatever." She turned on her heels and walked out. Kolton rushed to catch up to her.

"Ummm, Ariadne, don't you think Kolton's getting a bit too...cosy with Kennedy?" asked Katja.

Ariadne snorted. "Don't worry, I know he's cheating on me. I saw him kissing Kennedy the other day by the pool. I'll break up with him. I'm just waiting for the right moment because if I go out, I'm going out with a bang. Screw being the better person - revenge is so much more satisfying."

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Vance talking to Dashiell. I shook my head. "Well that's Kolton for ya. Your classic asshole."

Katja sighed. "I know. If he actually loved Ariadne and was a faithful guy, then he wouldn't have cheated on her no matter what."