Chapter 16: None Of The Above

Song: Somebody by The Chainsmokers

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the late update (I got sick). If you ever notice that it's been a while since I've updated just check my profile. If I can't update on time I'll let you know there.

As much as I hate to admit it, Zaavan was actually right. When I told my dad, it seemed like everything was going to hell for a minute, but things are finally starting to look up.

"Hey Bud, are you doing okay?" Dad walked in and sat down on my bed.

"Yea, I'm fine." I mumbled.

My dad looked unsure and kept silent for a minute before he finally spoke.

"Can I ask why you didn't tell me about this earlier?" He asked cautiously in a soft voice.

I hesitated for a minute, worried about what he'd think of me. "I dunno, mom didn't believe me so I just assumed you wouldn't either. Aunt Lucy is your sister after all."

"Vance, you think that I don't know my sister? She's sneaky and manipulative. There's no way that I'd believe her over you." Dammit, I was so sick of everyone telling me the same things over and over again.

"Dad, you don't get it. I didn't know what to do. It was so humiliating, I didn't want to tell anyone. Besides, I didn't want to you to be disappointed in me. To know that your son is such a loser..." This must've been about the hundredth time that I was on the verge of tears but hey, I couldn't help it. Today was just a really intense day.

"Vance, stop that. I don't ever want you to think like that, okay? What happened was completely aunt Lucy's fault and I think that you were so brave to come forward and talk about what happened. It's not an easy thing to do and I just want to say how proud I am of you." He smiled and gave me a hug.

"But I messed things up," I mumbled into his shoulder. "Mom left and what if she never comes back?" I asked, worriedly. Not that I wanted to deal with my mom right now, but I just couldn't help but feel like I destroyed the family.

"Don't worry about her, she'll be back. She just needs some time and space to think. Trust me, I give her a week before she can't handle living with your grandparents and comes running back." He had a point - that was why my mom never let her parents move in with us.

"Woah, there's a full on party going on in here," joked Carlisle as he walked in dragging a mattress.

"What's that for?" I asked.

"I figured that you'd might want some company tonight. Besides, it'll be just like old times when we used to share a room."

"Well then, I'll leave you boys to it. Oh and Vance, I love you bud," said my dad. It was kind of awkward but still nice to hear that my dad cares about me.

"I love you too dad," I mumbled awkwardly.

"And if there's anything that you ever want to talk to me about, I'm here for you. No matter what, I'll always love you. That goes for you too Carlisle."

"Got it Dad, now can you please leave, we want to sleep," he groaned.

"Alright, alright. Goodnight boys." And with that, he was off to bed.

"Great, Dad didn't turn off the desk light."

"Um, actually is it cool if we leave it on?" I reluctantly asked.

Carlisle nodded in understanding. "Hey Vance, you know you can tell me anything, right?"

Oh God, not this again. "Carlisle, I don't want to talk about this anymore, okay? So can you just leave it at that?"