দুই 2 দুই (UPDATED 12/17/2023)

THE CRUSH

"I started watching it and yeah there's a lot of think-good, feel-good talk in the movie. What really stuck out to me was the fact that whenever the person would think bad, his day was horrible. I can 100% identify with what they pointed out."

Scott simply grinned as she went on with her revelation.

"The more I think about it. Whenever I start my day out in a negative way, I find myself dealing with one mishap after another and they always play themselves out in all the worst possible scenarios. But, when I start my day out feeling sure of myself like only good things will happen to me, my day is always so amazing," she explained.

"I've never been the type of person to just take other people's words as truth. I always have to try it for myself, so that's exactly what I did. I decided to try what was recommended this morning for myself." Indie stated boldly.

"What was the outcome of your experiment?" Scott inquired with a smirk.

"Take today for example. Before I left my apartment, I accepted that I would see something big happen today! I said it with conviction and believed in my heart that something big was bound to happen. I walked about five blocks from the apartment and one block from the studio. Something told me to look down and there was a wallet. I opened it to see who it belonged to and about ten feet from where I was standing there he was," she laughed.

"What's so significant about that," Scott asked with a hint of doubt.

"He tried to offer me $200 but something inside me said No. I could tell by the way he looked at me he was very shocked that I didn't accept the money. I just told him to be careful and I walked away. Immediately after that, I felt a burst of energy. I've been so charged up ever since. I was able to finish six paintings today. They rushed out of my mind onto the canvas. I still feel this positively charged electricity growing and expanding throughout my system and I know I'm not done. I'm convinced that my decision to trust and believe that something good would happen started a chain of events. It was as if the Universe decided to activate this positive force. That was the reason I helped someone and was rewarded with a burst of creative energy. That burst of energy was much more valuable than the cash he had attempted to give me." She explained.

Scott just watched her with pure adoration.

For some reason, he truly enjoyed the simple act of engaging in a conversation with Indie. There was never any need for him to impress her. Ever since the first day they met, she always made him smile. Even at that moment, he didn't buy any of the Universe stuff she was going on about, but he absolutely adored how she sincerely believed it to be true.

With the many complexities in his life, Scott found it hard to believe he was lucky enough to still be her friend after so many years.

As he sat listening to her story, he was reminded of the first day he met her as if it happened yesterday.

মর্ম

LOST & FOUND

Scott recalled that when he left home for college, he explicitly insisted that he had no desire for special treatment while away.

He flew from JFK International to Dallas Love Field Airport in Dallas, Texas. It was his understanding that the university he was set to attend wasn't far from where he landed. However, his decision to take the city bus didn't quite work out according to his plans and he ended up in Irving, Texas.

Honestly, had it not been for Indie, there's no telling what could've happened to him.

"Hello, I'm sorry to bother you," he spoke as he ran his fingers through his tasseled hair and mumbled something to the young woman sitting on one of the benches.