এগারো 11 এগারো (UPDATED 12/17/2023)

Sleep was lost to her. No matter what she did, she found herself kicking, tossing, and turning all night. When she was fortunate enough to drift off to sleep, The vision of Scott on his knees with tears in his eyes haunted her. "Indie. I was going to ask you to marry me!!!!" Those words dug into her heart. Waking up from the vision of him on his knees broken and crying terrified her. God, why didn't he tell me before all of this happened? Her mind was tortured.

Indie felt loyalty to her friend, but the feeling in her heart for Vijay was deeper. Her soul felt like she had known Vijay for an eternity. It was hard to explain but every day she felt like she was right where she was supposed to be. Every kiss from her fiancé felt right. She could not change the deep feeling that she was supposed to be right by Vijay's side.

The Universe gave Scott the opportunity to claim her heart, but he didn't take advantage of the timing. He believed he had all the time in the world to take her or not. Scott did the same thing that so many people do. He gambled with his blessing and because he didn't claim it, he lost it. No matter how she looked at it, there was no way to fix this to help her friend. That realization was what she needed to fall asleep.

মর্ম

"I love you. Please don't leave me." Indie heard Scott's voice in her dreams. Why was he in her dreams? Maybe it was because she was thinking about him before she fell asleep. This felt too real to be a dream. His hands were everywhere on her body. She felt his hands on her breast. Something was wrong. Oh god. It felt as if he were close to her.

"Please don't leave me. I'm sorry I was a fool, but I love you so much." His voice made her cry in her dreams. Why was he torturing her? She waited for so long and now he wanted to change the course of her happiness. Her body was on fire. Oh... oh... oh. What? A sensation raced through her body. Hot. Ohhh. What's going on? It felt like someone was touching her nipples. No... no... nooooo. This wasn't a dream.

Indie woke up swinging and kicking. She was frantic. Someone was trying to rape her. Finally, right in the nuts. Jumping out of bed like a cat, she switched on the light. Lying on the floor curled up was the perpetrator. Swinging away, she punished the rapist with the swings of her bat.

"Ok. Enough. Stop. Indie stop." Scott was pleading with her to stop hitting him.

"Scott, what the hell are you doing here?" The question flew out of her mouth. As she realized why she woke up, anger consumed her body.

"I know I shouldn't, but I wanted to convince you not to marry that guy." He replied still doubled over.

"Scott, were you going to rape me?" The question was whispered in disbelief.

"No, I tried to wake you up, but you were sleeping so hard. When you turned over, your shirt was positioned in a way that I saw your nipple. Indie I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist something so beautiful. I just wanted to taste you for myself. When you moved to lay on your back, your started moaning and I lost my mind." Indie could not believe what he was saying. He touched her while she was sleeping. The idea gave her the creeps.

"How did you get in here?" She insisted.

He produced the key which was in his pocket.

মর্ম

Indie began the process of packing her things. Vijay begged her to move out of the flat as soon as he found out what happened. He hired movers to help her and refused to leave her side until all her things were out. He also contacted a gallery to house her artwork. Indie had one hundred and twenty-six paintings and twenty-four charcoal sketches. When Vijay saw all the items as they began to catalog her work, he was completely blown away. Over eighty-five percent of her work were visions of terrain and landscapes in West Bengal, India.

Her paintings were all firmly tied into what one would see traveling by air, land, or sea. She captured the feel of the overcrowded cities, the struggles of the nation, and the struggles of the people. How in the name of the gods did she possess such in-depth knowledge without ever traveling to India? Every day Vijay found himself more and more mesmerized by Indie. There was no other explanation for her abilities other than a connection with the gods themselves.

He needed time to get to know her before their lives changed. As Vijay watched her, he saw that she worked hard to bring joy to those around her. She was always smiling. There were times when he would stand by and just observe her. He wanted to know who she really was.

"Take a picture and it'll last longer," she said when he was standing behind her analyzing her every move.

"What did you say?" He said in a distracted voice.

"I said if you take a picture, it would last longer." Laughing as always, she continued drawing on her sketchpad. Vijay had no idea how she knew he was watching her. He slowly settled next to her and watched her sketch the scenery that came to her mind. The scene developed before his eyes. It was a picture of people worshipping at the Ganges River. She leaned into her work as if nothing else existed while she drew all the little details. Indie was so lost in her work, she didn't notice how intensely Vijay was being pulled by the picture. When she was finished, she realized he was leaning over her shoulder.

"What are you doing?" The smile that always reached deep in his heart was staring up at him. He saw with his own two eyes. While she was in a trance, she drew the picture and he was able to witness her work in the trance state. He knew that the gods chose her as a vessel. It was also apparent that they sent him to protect her. That was one of his main purposes. He was her protector and she was his light.

মর্ম

They dined together and spent most of their day together. Vijay had never met a woman who was as alive and interesting as Indie. She was knowledgeable about so many different subjects. She took him to do some fun things. They went to an arcade to play video games and other fun games nearly all day. He found himself laughing like a little kid. They went out on a date and binge-watched different types of movies.

She insisted that they needed to catch up on their dating. Running around like children, they played laser tag with a group of people. No matter how well he hid, she kept finding him and shooting him down. Their next date was bowling. He beat the pants off her and she pretended to be the biggest sore loser. He laughed to see her mulling around after receiving a severe beating.

Vijay forgot he was the president of a very lucrative business. He forgot he was the only son of a very wealthy and influential Indian family. The only thing he knew was he found the most precious and amazing jewel in New York. She brought him the joy he hadn't experienced in a very long time. He couldn't remember the last time he felt such freedom. Indie was a breath of fresh air in his life.

She always smiled at him and worked hard to make him smile. Indie was content just to spend time with him. It did not phase her that he was wealthy. Everything they did together required little to no money, yet they laughed and had the best time. Her selfless attempt to bring joy into his heart made him feel special. Who would've guessed that the great Vijay Maharaja Chaudhuri the "Victorious Great King" would be humbled by a woman who placed more value on the person than who or what the person was?

Vijay knew he would present her to his family. He was eternally grateful that she came up with the idea for them to spend time getting to know one another. His mind was more at ease about who and what she was because he loved the everyday Indie. He could see her bringing joy to his life for eternity. The reason he never wanted to get married before was that he didn't want to spend the rest of his life with someone who wouldn't bring him joy. He knew the only way to get his parents on his side was to allow them to see how happy she made him.

মর্ম