তিন 3 তিন (UPDATED 12/17/2023)

BEAUTIFUL SUN

Indie briefly glanced down at the stunning watch Scott had given her as a birthday present the year before. As she glanced up, a man who was concentrating on his phone, ran right into her.

Shock and dismay registered on their faces as they collided with a force strong enough to knock each of them off balance. It was a total surprise when their faces acknowledged that they weren't exactly strangers.

"It's you," he said.

"It's you," she whispered.

Standing right in front of her, the handsome foreigner from earlier in the day scrunched up his eyebrows leading her to believe that he must have been taken aback to encounter her yet again. Her face mirrored his own as she considered how strange it was to meet the man two times in one day.

He hovered over her by almost a foot and of course that made him somehow seem more masculine as his hand retreated from where he had grabbed her only moments earlier to prevent her from falling to the floor of the busy upscale restaurant.

Vijay pointed down in front of her as she fought to untangle her mind from his striking features. Her eyes were held captive as she assessed the wonderfully crafted being in front of her. All of the sharp angles and smooth edges that came together to form his face definitely had to have been placed with the most care by the Creator.

Indie's artistic eyes were so lost in her study of him that she failed to realize that he was trying to get her attention as his long elegant finger pointed to someplace beneath her gaze. To better understand what he was communicating, she allowed her eyes to follow the invisible line that flowed from the tip of his finger to a point she had yet to ascertain.

The time seemed to slow down until she realized exactly what the man was trying desperately to point out to her overly preoccupied thoughts.

Just like that, as if they were in an episode of the Benny Hill Show, Indie's eyes landed on his phone which also happened to be resting comfortably on one of her breasts.

Instead of being embarrassed by the scene, Indie began to laugh and lost control of herself as she picked up the phone and handed it to him.

"Here you go." She giggled

"I am so sorry. I had no intention of doing that," he apologized profusely.

"Well, I know you didn't do it on purpose, so you're forgiven."

"It appears we are destined to keep running into one another?" He pointed out.

"I must agree with you."

"Okay. We can't keep doing this. We need to at least know one another's names if we are going to keep meeting this way. I'm Vijay."

"I'm Indira, but my friends call me Indie."

"Your name is Indira?" He questioned in disbelief.

"Actually, my name is Indira Kalindi Gray. I'm a local artist."

Vijay peered at her. Once again, a feeling stirred in him of some unseen force pushing him and the woman into one another's path, but he had no idea why. It wasn't just a hunch. Vijay felt it deep down in his soul.

"Do you even know the meaning of your name?"

"Not really. I just know my mother loved the name and that's why she gave it to me."

Vijay's hand was drawn down to lift one of hers. The second he touched her, they both felt a sharp spark.

Amazed by such an unexpected sensation, he removed his hand briefly to examine the tips of his fingers convinced he would see evidence of the energy that had just leaped between them. Finding nothing out of place, he lightly brushed the inside of her hand again only to be met by yet another more powerful spark that raced up each of their arms as if an electrical charge was determined to envelop them in its warmth.