•2•

"Royal Queen dowager, please, this whole thing is extremely embarrassing!"

The Royal Queen dowager looked down upon her three grandchildren and scoffed at their remarks. "Embarrassing?" she laughed, "Maybe you should've thought of that before you announced to me your brother's preferences."

The Prince Jungkook, younger half brother to the King stared at his grandmother in shock, "I didn't think you would go this far! You're literally collecting all the gay men in Korea so that one of them can marry Hyung!"

"I'm also pretty sure this is in some way illegal," the king adds.

The elder doesn't deny anything. "I just want my grandson, the King, to get married. Whether it's male or female I'll make sure that we pick out the best spouse for the royal family. You should be honored," she spat at the taller of the two, "if it had been years back, just the thought of you being with a man would've caused death to whoever had thought it."

King Namjoon sighed from his place next to his younger siblings. His grandmother had wanted him to marry as soon as he took the throne, he had put it off because he had certain preferences. In the end his grandmother was beginning to speak of holding a competition where the women of Korea would compete for the King's love. 

Namjoon had been against it, but he had no good reason to deny his grandmother. He was sure that telling her he didn't like women would've broken her heart or killed her from shock on the spot.

Instead when Jungkook blurted it out to protect his hyung, the Royal Queen Dowager did a complete 180 and decided to hold the same competition but for all the gay men in Korea. 

Namjoon had never found himself feeling so embarrassed till now, knowing that at this moment all of Korea was realizing that he liked men.

He was also positive that in other countries taking men from their homes by force was completely illegal. Here in South Korea though, the royal family could literally do much more than this. 

"Namjoon." The King looked up. "I know this is a bit uncomfortable for you, but you all know exactly why I'm doing this."

Yes. He knew. All three of them knew. The three of them were all she had left. Her son, the Great King, had fallen ill and had passed away fifteen years ago. Due to this, and the King's heir being too young for the throne, the late King's cousin Jeon Jung-hyun had taken the role as King and with Geongmin and Namjoon's mother, had Jungkook. 

But then he was assassinated by rebels when Jungkook was only two years old, their mother also a victim of the rebels' hand. The Royal Queen Dowager made a decision, to become Queen regent, hiding her grandchildren from the public until she found Namjoon to be ready to be King. 

He was ready now. And thankfully it was perfect timing. For the Royal Queen Dowager had been diagnosed a few months back. She was ill. Cancer.

With no cure and no knowing how much time was left for her, she wanted to complete her one wish. To see her grandchildren married off. Assuring that they would marry only the best. At this point in life, she didn't care who it was as long as they would make them happy. Even if it was someone of the same sex. It was her condition before handing sovereign powers over to Namjoon.

"I advise you to choose wisely. And don't worry about an heir, I will not leave that burden to you. Geongminnie will be left with that job." The elder raises her brow. "Unless you want to tell me that you like women?" she asks.

Princess Geongmin shakes her head and smiles. "I like men just as much as my brothers do. Leave the baby-making to me so that they can date men without any stupid pressure of producing an heir."