•67•

Just a few moments ago, Jimin was worrying about going home. Worrying about having to go to that hell hole he called home. 

So many things were going through his head before, now the only thing circling his thoughts are the words coming from General Min's mouth.

Your father is dead.

The general says something else, probably explaining what happened. Jimin catches bits and pieces of it, not able to fully pay attention as the first four words repeat themselves over and over again.

Your father is dead.

He does catch a few sentences here and there and they bring Jimin out of his first shock and into a faint stupor.

His father, sacrificing himself to save someone. That was laughable.

At one point, General Min stops talking. At one point Jimin notices this and realizes that he needs to respond in some way.

"I see," he says slowly, still trying to let it sink in.

General Min gives him a look. Jimin's stomach curls at it. He doesn't like that look. He's seen it too many times before. The general even reaches out and gives him a pat on the shoulder, doesn't say anything else.

Turning on his heels and walking off, Jimin wants to laugh at the irony of it all. A few moments ago, he had been worried about returning home, about having to face his father after that mess at the family party.

Now this.

Happiness should be the appropriate feeling for something like this right? Someone who has tormented him his whole life is now out of it. But Jimin isn't happy. No. This isn't what he wanted.

People without family, the world looks at them differently. Jimin has seen it himself when his mother died. Pity. That constant look of judgment where people wonder how he's going to survive. 

At least when you're lonely, you can pretend to be happy. The world thinks you're okay because you have a home to go to. A bed to sleep in, a fridge full of food to eat at. He preferred the world to think that that was his case. To fool the world into thinking that he's okay so that they won't pity him.

Now he didn't even have that. Now they'd just see him as an orphan or worse, a victim. Because of this competition, the whole country would see his face and recall the image of his father slapping him. So many people would have so many things to say. They'll probably even say that it's because of his abusive father that he's the way he is.

They'll say he's messed up.

Closing his eyes, he gives in to his fate. He's bound to be all alone in this world. 

"Jimin!"

Jimin doesn't stop walking. Especially knowing that that voice was undeniably Taehyung's. And Jimin couldn't smile at him right now. He probably even looked a mess in his pajamas and Tae seeing him in this state was something he didn't want. Hobi he could handle, but Tae? 

 "Jiminie, wait!

He doesn't want to wait but Tae is suddenly in front of him, bending over to lean on his knees as he heaves. "Jimin," he gasps and straightens then freezes when he looks at him. "Is everything okay?" he asks.

Blinking, Jimin feels a tear fall. Funny. He hadn't even realized he had been crying. 

A pair of large hands cup his face and Tae's thumbs are there, rubbing the tears from his cheeks. "Talk to me," Tae whispers.

As if by instinct or a natural force, Jimin is already pulling Taehyung in, pressing a kiss to the other's lips and then wrapping his arms around him, dipping his face into Tae's chest. Right. He still had Taehyung. Taehyung wouldn't leave him alone. Since he had Taehyung right now, then nothing else mattered.