•3•

After squeezing through all the cameras and the paparazzi all the men were guided to Geunjeongjeon Hall's courtyard, where they sat nervously, awaiting the next part of this crazy journey to become the king's husband.

Against their will.

They squeezed in next to one another, each man sitting on top of small mats placed on the floor. Jin can't help but stare around. So this was the palace. It's interior, which he had only seen through documentaries, was beautiful.

Around him, Tae, Jimin and Hoseok stuck close. There were more people than Seokjin would've imagined. Seokjin is pretty shocked that there would be this many men-loving men in South Korea. 

Photographers and news station reporters sit around the wooden cloisters of the courtyard. Court officials and royal advisers stood before the two stones platforms where Geunjeongjeon sat. After a few minutes, the main door to Geunjeongjeon slides open and out steps out a short man with black hair.

Seokjin recognizes the man's face immediately from seeing him on the news plenty of times. When he arrived at the truck with Jimin, Seokjin already knew who he was. General Min Yoongi, South Korea's youngest general. The main man in charge of the Royal Family's safety.

Cameras start flashing. General Min doesn't bat an eye as he approaches a podium that's in front of the building and speaks, welcoming them, briefing them of what they were doing here. Though most of them already knew or at least, had an idea of what was going on.

Jin was utterly impressed by the man. He was young, short, yet he was by far the most intimidating man Jin has ever seen, despite having certain soft features. 

Maybe it was the fact that he had witnessed the man kill one of his own soldiers without flinching or remorse, but he emitted pure charisma when he spoke. There was something that made you be scared of him but also made you feel safe when he said that he would protect you.

"You will each be assigned a room," the general continues, "Your physicians and stylists will come to you at the same hour every day. There's an emergency button in your rooms in case you feel unwell, your physician will come running. Also these doctors will also be assigning your diets, each one of your meals will be different, based on what the doctor thinks you need in order to remain healthy."

Jin glances at Jimin takes in his slim figure and can't help but to feel glad that at least he'd be getting a proper meal here.

"You cannot leave the palace unless the King is the one to dismiss you. No other person in the palace has the authorization to make you leave. Also there is no set date for this competition to end, it will take as long as the King wishes for it to last."

Whispers of disagreement circulate among them. Seokjin keeps his thoughts to himself but that didn't mean he didn't disapprove of this. If anything, he wanted to go home immediately. He wonders if there's a way.

"You are not to go into anyone else's room but your own. This is obviously to prevent any...hidden romances from occurring. If you want to meet up with anyone you will do so within plain sight."

"Oh, so since we're all gay they think we're all gonna sleep with each other if we're in the same room?" Hoseok whispers, earning a few giggles from the others.

Unable to hear the giggles below him from where he stood, the General continues. "And lastly," he pauses for a moment, everyone grows silent to hear, "we are aware that being here is not really something that most of you actually want. If anything, I agree, this is ridiculous."

Seokjin's eyes widen. Next to him, he hears Jimin whisper, "Is he allowed to say that?" Seokjin honestly doesn't know. Maybe the general doesn't care.