•31•

The PR team was running like crazy. The stylists raced against the clock to redo the make up that the candidates had removed with their sweat. Basically the whole palace was filled with people yelling orders, following orders and whatnot. All while the candidates and the royal family just got tended to.

From his seat, Jin could hear Adora shouting out a few orders here and there. He could also see from the mirror in front of him several stylists observing as Sung-kyung retouched his make up.

"They're trying to see if I'll make any changes to you right before you go on," Sung-kyung tells him as she catches his eye. "I've got two possible winners on my team so of course they'd want to keep an eye out for any changes."

Two possible winners. Did they still see him as a possible winner?

"The thing that they're struggling with the most though, is the fact that I'm going for a different concept for each of you," she continues explaining, "Not to mention yours and Jimin's are too different for them to decide which one to go for."

Jin glanced at himself in the mirror. His make up for the most part was very natural, rosy lips, light brown lids, eye brows thickened, it really did wonders on his features. He looked over at Jimin two seats down, with his smokey eyes, pouty lips and whatnot. It was  very true that both styles were definitely very contrasting. 

Not to mention that Jimin looked as if he was ready to fight someone. Occasionally, he would look in Jin's direction, narrow his eyes, then look away.

Honestly, the whole thing was childish.

While the stylists worked endlessly, the candidates did their thing. A few chatted in a corner, others went over choreo, others started warming up their vocal chords.

Seokjin watched through the mirror as Jaehwan stretched nearby. His friend caught his eye and smiled, then started making faces at him and doing a silly dance.

He laughed. Jaehwan beamed and winked before he resumed his stretching.

Jin smiled back, until he noticed someone watching him.

The King was eying him from the other side of the room. He looked somewhat unpleased and his gaze was dark, something that Jin wasn't used to seeing on him.

It mads him shiver.

"Nervous?" Hoseok asked as he approached him. Sung-kyung had also dyed his hair black, saying that he needed a change. His hair was now parted in a bit of a 'comma' hairstyle, exposing part of his forehead on the side where his bangs didn't curve.

It was a good look on him, sexy.

"Very nervous," Jin answers, noticing Namjoon get distracted by something Jungkook said.

Sung-kyung sprays a can of hairspray on him before moving on to Taehyung. Jin stands from his seat and turns to his friend. "Aren't you? You're the opening act."

Hoseok simply shrugs. "I'm a dancer. Performing is kind of my thing."

"Lucky," the elder mumbles under his breath. "I'm still going over the group steps in my head."

"You've improved a lot though, Hyung," Hoseok reassures him, "And even if you don't nail the dancing then you can just blow them away with your solo act."

Right. His solo act. That should be what he should be focusing on. "Great. Another thing I have to worry about."

"Jung Hoseok and Park Jimin?!" someone calls out from the door, "Please make your way towards the stage!"

Oh man, was it really starting already? The day had been filled with countless rehearsals and outfit changes and-oh man this thing was really happening.