•30•

"You have ten minutes, Namjoon," Yoongi tells him. "I can only keep the cameras off that long."

Joon nods and pats the small general on the shoulder, "Thank you."

"Yeah, you owe me."

Namjoon goes into the office. Jin is sitting slumped in a chair, back turned to him. He seemed to be deep in thought, didn't even notice the door shut.

"Jin-hyung."

Seokjin jumped in the seat, he turned so fast, his eyes grew wide. Namjoon saw almost a thousand emotions reflect in his eyes. Namjoon was sure his did the same.

It had been a while since he had had Jin so close. His heart soared as their eyes met, Namjoon felt dizzy, giddy even. He should say something, something to ease the tension in the air, something to break the silence.

Jin speaks before he does. "Your Majesty."

Namjoon felt his face fall. They were going back to those formalities, huh?

His distress must've been obvious because a few seconds later Jin's features soften and his eyes turn warm. "It's been a while, hasn't it?" the elder asks.

Namjoon nods, pulling back the chair next to Jin so that they can sit facing each other, "Two and a half weeks," he says softly, looking down at his hands. "It's been two and a half weeks."

Seokjin nods. Namjoon keeps going.

"You've been avoiding me."

Another nod from the elder, "I have." Silence follows. Namjoon squirms in his seat. How many minutes have passed by now?

"How have you been?" the king asks suddenly, attempting to break the silence.

The raven haired male raises a brow, as if amused, "I've been okay," he says. He cocks his head. "How have you been?"

The king pursed his lips together, his dimples showing as he did so. He sucks in a breath, "I've...I've been going crazy, Hyung," he sighs. It was now or never. He began to talk frantically, getting it all off his chest."I've been going crazy. I can't think straight, my mind is a mess and the only thing that manages to go through my head is you. That I want to see you, that I want to touch you, that I..." he groans and hides his face in his hands, "that I'm really sorry for what I did." 

Seokjin doesn't say anything. 

"I am really sorry, I know this doesn't change anything but I wanted you to know that," Namjoon added, looking at the other seriously, "I wanted you to know that I still love you. Only you. It's always been you."

The elder just sort of stares at him for a bit, his features are soft, there's a tiny smile playing at his lips. "I see," is all he says. Namjoon has to hold back a small whimper.

Please just say you still love me.

"I got your message from my siblings," he says, not getting his hopes up anymore. "Honestly, I have no idea how to prove my words to you. But I'll do my damn best to do it." He fumbles with his hands, "I just need to be sure that you still want me."

It was all he needed. Feelings changed. He just worried that maybe Seokjin's has. Geong-min and Jungkook didn't give him details of their discussion together. They only told Namjoon that he had something to prove. 

Before him, Seokjin sighs. He straightens up, looks at Namjoon in the eyes, "You know what I feel and what I want." He says simply. Namjoon waits silently for more. Seokjin gives in, "I want to be with you. But I've come to realize how this relationship is not set in stone just because you gave me a ring or because you shower me with kisses. You're pressured by your advisers, your public, and the whole country. And unfortunately right now, I'm not their favorite."