•41•

When Taehyung found out what happened to his brother, he only remembers the world going dark. 

Since that day, the world still remains dark. Grey. A world without color. A life without meaning. The reality of death so close to home.

Eyes cracking open, Taehyung takes in the place he's in. Everyday hoping that the news was just a nightmare and the Seokjin would be right there next to him when he turned to his side. Legs tangles, arms around each other, both snuggled up in each other's warmth.

Its sad how that was what he would dream of and not the other way around.

So when reality hits him again by seeing that empty space next to him, Taehyung feels it all over again. The tightness of his throat, the sting of his eyes, the sound of his sobs.

Hours of the day would fly by like this. Taehyung in a bed, a needle in his arm, a machine and a bag of liquid keeping him alive.

He was too weak to take matter into his own hands. To simply just go and meet with his brother and mother.

But the thought of death was too scary sometimes.

A lady would come in sometimes. His therapist. She'd sit in and try to have a chat with him.

Taehyung would say nothing. There was nothing to say. A part of him thinking that if he said it all out loud then he would be admitting to the universe that it all really happened.

But he wanted to clench to his dream a little longer. 

Hoseok would come in every day to check up on him. None of the two would talk about Seokjin, about what happened. Because Taehyung knew that Hoseok thought that Tae blamed Jimin for all of this.

Truth was it was a lot easier to blame Jimin. Instead of telling himself that he should have never left Seokjin's side for a stupid performance.

"Food looks good today," Hoseok says, bringing in their trays. The King had given them special permission to eat in their rooms.

Hobi places a tray on Taehyung's nightstand. Then scoots a chair close by and sits, placing his own tray on his lap.

Supposedly all of this was a method to get Tae to eat some solid food. To start getting rid of his dependency to Seokjin's meals.

Everyday for the past two weeks have been a failure.

Today was no different. Hoseok brings the spoon of food to Taehyung's mouth. Tae chews and swallows. Only for the food to be coming back up again a moment after.

Hoseok is prepared today, having a bag at hand to capture it before it stains anything else. The first day had made both of them learn their lesson.

Sleeping hasn't been a problem. Hoseok is now allowed to be in bed with him, so Tae is able to make it through the nights.

It had become a regular thing between the two. Tae would wake up in the middle of the night and start crying as he recalls everything from what he wished were just a bad dream. And Hoseok pulling him into a tight hug to console him. Even though he too would eventually join his cries silently.

"We'll get there eventually," Hoseok says, picking up the trays. He didn't like making the palace maids do extra work. "Maybe it just takes a while for your taste buds to get used to the food. Jin-hyung was an excellent cook after all. I don't blame you for being so picky."

Taehyung gave him a smile the best he could. Hoseok wasn't the best at pep talks, but at least he gave it a shot. 

Someone knocks at the door, Hoseok turns to see one of the maids calling him over. Taehyung watches as they converse before Hobi turns towards him.