•63•

"Geongmin, what are you doing?"

A cup pressed against the door, and an ear pressed to the cup, the princess looks up from where's she's crouched down in front of Kim Seokjin's bedroom, attempting to listen in. As soon as she notices the look Yoongi is giving her she presses a finger to her mouth and shushes him.

"They're having a moment," she whispers, pointing to the door.

This, of course, makes just stare at her with the blankest look that could only be interpreted as utter judgment. "Even if they were," he says slowly, "that doesn't explain why you're eavesdropping"

She responds with an eye roll. "I'm just curious," she insists, placing the cup down and pressing an ear to the door. "Seokjin-ssi is shy you know. And Namjoon-oppa is a bit...well you know how he gets when he's excited about something. He might scare Seokjin-ssi away."

"Don't worry," the general says dryly, "at this point I'm sure there is nothing Namjoonie can do to scare him away. Even if he starts talking about his crab obsession."

Geongmin shakes her head, frowns. "The longer they talk in there the more of a chance Namjoon-oppa has to mess something up." Her eyes widen. "Oh no, what if he tripped on something and killed him?"

Yoongi stares at her blankly. "That seems a bit over the top."

"It does not. Just the other day Namjoon-oppa was being interviewed and was given a fortune cookie and he—"

The door slams open. Geongmin drops the cup from the fright, the glass breaking as it hits the ground. Namjoon stands at the doorway. He looks utterly perturbed and slightly pissed. "We can hear you two you know," he says, voice strained and his cheeks red.

Geongmin doesn't look bothered. "So?" she asks, completely collected. "We should take this chance to tell Seokjin-ssi exactly what he's getting himself into by thinking of marrying you."

"I'm not that bad."

"Oppa, just the other day you lost your airpods again." She looks behind him, sees Seokjin watching them amusingly from the door. "Seokjin-ssi, Namjoon-oppa has lost 35 pairs of airpods. Can you believe it?"

Namjoon is red at the face. "It's not my fault they're all small and white really blends in with a lot of things. Plus I don't always lose both, sometimes just one and they don't just sell one by itself, just the pair so of course that makes it even more difficult and—and I'm going to shup up now," he adds when he sees their judging gazes.

Laughing, Seokjin reaches up and pinches Joon's cheeks, "It's cute how you start rambling when you get all flustered."

Namjoon looks slightly offended. "I do not ramble, I just have a lot of things going through my head at the moment and don't know which thing to say so I—"

The elder pats him gently on the chest. "We get it Joon. No worries." Namjoon opens his mouth to say something else but decides against it.

"Anyways," Yoongi interrupts, looking so done with the conversation. He turns to face Namjoon. "I'll have you know that I have Minister Lee under custody. I checked the registry and Jaehwan's story checks out, he's his son."

Geongmin, winces, "He got someone to shoot his own son?"

Jin turns to the general. "Jaehwan is alive?"

Yoongi nods to both of them. "The guy who shot him is Choi Seunghyun, he's a high ranked officer here, one of the ones under Ex-general Han's command when he had his position in the palace. Lee Jaehwan is resting at the moment, he went through surgery and is recovering from the wound."