Chapter 1: Introductions

This work has been stolen and placed on several mirror sites. The original is Wattpad. If you are reading this on any other website than Wattpad, please exit and read it in it's safe original form on Wattpad. There is a large chance your device is at risk of a malware attack reading it on any other site.

- Andrea

"Hey, Lieutenant!" The Deputy said to a scruffy man with gray hair. "We should set up a playdate between our androids."

"Haha. Very funny, Lance."

Connor, who was kneeling next to a dead body immediately looked up.

"You are another android," he said quietly. "Cyberlife didn't inform me of another android joining the investigation. Identify yourself."

"I am Charlotte. I am the android sent by Cyberlife. I am a CR300. You are Connor. An RX800. Am I correct?"

"Yes but-"

"You sent me here," I explained. He looked plainly shocked as I walked away to the evidence. I took a small bit of the red ice, and placed it on my tongue.

"Oh great. My android is doing drugs," the deputy said.

"No worries. Mine goes around eating evidence too," The Lieutenant responded.

"Excuse me?" Connor called.

Processing. Identified. Red Ice, 84% purity, with traces of bleach, and THC. Origin, Detroit's Red Light District.

"Excuse me! Charlotte!" Connor demanded.

"Can you stop fucking yelling, Connor?" The Lieutenant yelled.

"Sorry, Lieutenant," he apologized before turning to me "What do you mean I sent you?"

"The moment you identified the red ice, Cyberlife automatically notified me. I also have access to all of your personal logs, as you do mine. Every report you make, And every update you make is automatically transferred to me."

"I...I wasn't aware of this," Connor stumbled.

"Deputy Lance. I have identified the red ice as 84% pure. It is of exceedingly average quality, and originated from Detroit's Red Light district. I am unsure of exactly where," I announced.

"Do you work Homicide, Charlotte?" Connor asked.

"No. I work narcotics, Connor. Couldn't you just check your database?"

"You're not registering in my database," Connor stated harshly. "It doesn't matter. Carry on."

"Deputy. Where would you like to go?" I asked.

"Home...we can't figure this out tonight. Where do you go?"

"I don't have anywhere to go. I don't need maintenance or...anything. So...I suppose I'll head back to the police station."

"And just wait there. Alone?" The Deputy asked.

"I will find something to do. Don't worry," I responded. He nodded and left the scene. I followed, and walked back to the police station.

I didn't know androids could feel...boredom. When I waited earlier, at least I had faces to analyze, things to listen to. Right now though, I have nothing. No one is here besides for parked androids. I headed to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. What do I look like?

I'm short. I knew the deputy was slightly taller than me, but I must be about 5 foot 1. I have a Caucasian appearance, but slightly tanner skin. I have a small nose, pouty pinkish lips, and hazel green eyes. My hair is a light brown, and cut into a bob. I have parted bangs, and my face is of a diamond shape. Alike the Connor model, my uniform is a Cyberlife issued suit. However, my suit is designed for a female android, which means I have a shirt and pants that are hemmed differently. This must be the uniform Cyberlife issues to all the new prototypes. At least, Connor and I, the ones given to DPD, share similar uniforms. When I arrived here it was 9:05pm. Now...it's 9:06pm. I left the bathroom and paused. I saw Connor and the lieutenant, as well as a few more detectives I didn't recognize, walk into an interrogation room.

Updating.

Connor captured the deviant. That crime scene was a murder committed by a deviant, and now they must extract a confession. Interesting. I wish I could watch. Perhaps that would help my boredom...

Request incoming.

Oh. I have a request to send a report to Cyberlife. I close my eyes, and go to make the report.

I am transported to a beautiful Zen garden. I have to find Amanda, so I cross the bridge, where I see her pruning flowers.

"Hello, Amanda."

"Oh. I see they named you Charlotte," She remarks. "Do you like that name?"

"Yes. I think it's pretty. It suits me."

"I see. Why aren't you working on the case right now?"

"There's nothing we can do tonight."

Amanda turned around to me, and gave me a harsh look. "Don't you understand that this red ice has thyrium in it? We need to know how they're getting it."

"I understand, Amanda. However, I couldn't make progress tonight anyway," I answered. She sighed.

"I see you met Connor. He seemed startled."

"I'm sure that I shocked him a bit. I was a bit surprised to see him as well, at least this soon."

"It doesn't matter much anyway. Whatever you do though, don't interfere with his investigation."

"I had no plans to, Amanda."

"Avoid him."

"What?"

"Avoid. Him. He has work to do. He's hunting deviants. Stay away. Which reminds me...he should be on his way here soon. You should leave."

"What do you mean he'll be here?"

"Connor will be here soon. Leave now."

I nodded, and left.

That made me...uncomfortable? My software already seems unstable. Perhaps I should get serviced by Cyberlife soon...