Chapter 2: Too Boring

This work has been stolen and placed on several mirror sites. The original is Wattpad. If you are reading this on any other website than Wattpad, please exit and read it in it's safe original form on Wattpad. There is a large chance your device is at risk of a malware attack reading it on any other site.

- Andrea

I heard yelling when I focused. A ton of yelling coming from the interrogation room. Then nothing. Then I saw the deviant and a police officer leave the room.

Updating.

Mission successful.

It must've been interesting. Separately, I'm starting to get the opinion that my connection to Connor isn't just some measure in the program to give me more information. I'm starting to believe that I am supposed to be his handler in some way. I shouldn't be questioning this though. Maybe it's just an unnecessary feature in my programming.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lieutenant!" I heard Connor call.

"Yeah, yeah," I heard the older lieutenant respond as he left. He seemed groggy, and had thick gray hair throughout his face, and lengthy on his head. He also had an alcoholic slur in his voice.

Connor started to walk through the hall, when he suddenly noticed me, and walked over to me. "Charlotte," he said as he approached.

"Yes, Connor?"

"I don't think I understood earlier. Do you...have access to my files?" he asked.

"Whatever is uploaded to Cyberlife, Connor. So therefore, I know your mission with the deviant was successful, as well as that you need to speak with Amanda soon."

"But...you don't know about anything else?" he asked.

"No. Not if you don't upload it. You upload a lot, Connor."

He stared at me confused. "I don't know why Cyberlife didn't tell me about this. How long ago were you created?"

"I...I'm not sure. I was just powered on yesterday...but I have no memory before then."

"Are you Mark 1?"

"No...not at all," I responded.

"So you've been reset?" Connor asked.

I've...I've been reset?

"I suppose so...have you?"

"No," Connor answered. "I've had predecessors, but I've never been reset."

"Maybe I'm just another version," I answered.

"Maybe," He responded. He started to walk away.

"Wait. Where are you going?" I asked.

He stopped, and turned back to me. "I have to return to Cyberlife because I managed to capture a deviant."

"Oh."

"Why did you ask?" Connor wondered.

"I...have nothing to do."

"Do you want me to stay here with you and entertain you or something?" he asked aggressively. I thought about what Amanda said...

"No...you should go,"  I responded.

"Fine. I'll be back in the morning," he answered, turning to leave. I noticed him check back at me.

And so...my patience endures.

~

The police station started to get more busy, but there was no sign of Connor. Instead, I saw the Deputy first, round 9 am.

"Charlotte...you're still here," he said confused. The Deputy has chestnut brown hair that's always perfectly parted to the left. His eyes are also brown and always look tired. He has a pretty small nose and thin lips.

"Yes. I waited all night," I answered. The Deputy gave pause.

"All night?" He responded. He seems very sympathetic

"Yes. I had nothing better to do. I've spent the night analyzing recent narcotics cases in the Red Light District, and I can say with confidence that we should start there."

"Well, I knew that. Aren't you androids supposed to tell me something new?"

He is no longer sympathetic.

"If we can manage to analyze 3 different samples across the district, then I can triangulate an origin point."

"And how are we supposed to get 3 samples of red ice?" He asked, shifting his weight.

"Either we go undercover or we wait until 3 crimes requiring investigation occur at a perfect triangle across the city."

"Let's wait," the Deputy said, sitting down.

"Sorry. That is not an option," I said.

"What?" The Deputy asked.

"I've been given strict orders by Cyberlife to solve this case as quickly as possible, and the chance of this advancing the case is high."

"Do you only take orders from these Cyberlife fucks?" He asked upset.

"No. You too, only when I want to though," I answered winking. The Deputy chuckled. I am detecting that Deputy Lance has warmed up to me. Excellent.