Chapter 50 - Remember Me

Jericho...its amazing. Androids buzzing about, small shops running, security...everything. The shops were made out of old storage containers, and none of the androids had on uniforms. This...made me feel suddenly like a sore thumb. My uniform was still on, blue blood on the shirt and all.

Connor was staring at me. "You seem shocked," he said, chuckling.

"Just a bit. Wasn't there only a few hundred of us?" I asked. There had to be thousands of androids.

"Well...there was the Cyberlife tower ones, the androids here at this warehouse, and the ones that Doctor Lance managed to repair with the resources here at the warehouse," Connor explained.

"How many has she repaired?" I asked, confused. There were way more than that could just explain.

"Herself? Around 1500. She can do about 4 an hour, and she hasn't stopped since the revolution. She trained androids who wanted to help as well though. They've collectively done around 20,000," Connor answered.

"Holy shit," I mumbled out. Connor turned to me.

"It's weird to hear you swear," he said kindly.

"You...knew me? Before I was deviant?" I asked.

"You were only deviant for about 2 minutes...so yes," he answered. "I knew you a while before then. You got to know me as a deviant though, so I'm hoping...that you remember me."

"I will, Connor. I just need time," I explained.

"That's what I keep telling myself, but I'm rather impatient. I've been waiting for a month, just to hear your voice," Connor said, softly.

"And I've been waiting a month to see you. I don't remember why or how...but I missed you," I explained.

"That...does make me feel better," he said. The fresh air was cold, but satisfying.

"Do you need help?" He asked outstretching his arm. I nodded, and he took my arm and linked it with his. We walked around Jericho, as I was mostly interested about what's happening here.

"Where's everyone living?" I asked.

Connor gestured to some of the storage containers that were stacked on top of one another. "Some of them live in makeshift apartments, others have gotten apartments outside of Jericho, and some live in The Basement," Connor explained.

I looked at the abandoned factory. He must mean the basement of that.

"And the factory?" I asked.

"Well, we're using that to fabricate biocomponents, but Doctor Lance is working on other options," Connor explained.

I nodded. We walked around, and slowly day turned to night. I felt happy having been so productive...but also suddenly spending so much time with Connor. I couldn't tell you why...but I love being here with him. Something...something about it is reminiscent.

"I can't believe we've been out here for hours," I explained.

"I know...it's almost felt like it's been minutes," Connor responded. He simply looked up to the moon.

"Stay here for a moment. I need to go check something," Connor said, walking away. He strolled off, but checked back once.

He checked back once...

Connor...checked back once...here with the midnight air blowing up against my skin, and the lingering feeling of him holding me in some way still attached to my body.

I remember.