Chapter 61 - Christmas - Part 5

Christen stood up and took the dishes. Gavin turned to Nick suddenly. "Thank you, Lance," Gavin answered.

"No problem. Let me walk you to your car," Nick said standing up. He left out the door with Gavin, and Fiona picked up Margot and carried her to sit down near the Christmas tree. Christen, after placing the dishes in the sink, went and checked her bedroom for something before coming back. She looked quite anxious and happy.

I sat down to the right of Christen on the sofa, while Fiona and Margot sat on the floor. Nick came back inside and sat down on the floor.

"Who's ready for the best part?" He sang.

"Me!" Margot cheered. Nick quickly high fived her.

"Margot...why don't we start with you?" Christen said smiling. Margot excitedly picked up the first gift with her name on it. She tore it open immediately and it revealed...a set of socks.

"Oh...thanks Nicky..." Margot forced out.

"Your welcome," he said, smiling like a cherub.

As Margot reached for her next gift, Nick sighed deeply. "Did you really think that's all I would get you?" He asked rolling his eyes. Margot giggled, and Nick jumped up, ran upstairs and came back with an entire duffle bag. He handed it to Margot, who opened up, and discovered it was filled with candy.

"Nick!" Christen said angrily.

"Candy!" Nick cheered.

Christen put her head in her hands, as Margot cheered with Nick. "Thank you, Nicky!" She said excitedly.

"No problem, Margot..." Nick sighed happily. Christen just stared disappointedly at him.

Margot opened up her next gift, which pleasantly, was mine. She revealed a dollhouse and a set of chapter books. "At least she'll be reading as she eats all that candy," Christen sighed. She quickly flicked Nick's head.

"Ow!" He exclaimed. "What was that for?"

"Giving my daughter diabetes!" Christen responded. Margot began to giggle again.

"I love it, Char!" Margot said excitedly. Char? That's adorable.

"I'm glad, Margot," I said, smiling softly.

"What do we say?" Christen prompted.

"Thank youuuuuuu!" Margot said smiling brightly.

She picked up her next gift and opens it excitedly. Inside is a set of dolls that match the brand of dollhouse I got. "Swear we didn't plan that," Fiona said suddenly. Nick and Christen laughed, but I was so surprised since I rarely hear Fiona speak.

"Thank you, Fiona!" Margot said giving her a hug.

"It's nothing, peanut," Fiona responded.

Margot picked up her next gift and opened it. She opened it up to reveal a box filled with candy. Christen flicked Nick's head again. "See? This is why we check with each other first!"

Nick laughed so hard he fell over. Margot laughed as well at the strange possibility that Nick and Christen had the same idea.

We went around in a circle so Fiona was next. From Christen, she got a beautiful necklace, and from Nick a set of succulents, although I near completely believe that Nick simply didn't have a clue what to get her. Meaning...I was somewhat paying attention because Fiona was extremely happy with my gift to her. She quickly looked over at me with an acknowledging glance, and for a woman of few words, it said everything.

Margot quickly handed her gift to Fiona over. "Open it! Open it!" Margot shouted. Fiona smiled. 

"Yes, yes. I'm about to, Margot."

I AM (Connor X OC) - DBHजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें