Chapter 89 - Carnage

Arriving back to the house was odd. I started packing up all the little things in my room. From trinkets to memories, memories flooded me. Eventually, I heard the doorbell ring, and Gavin's voice. I guess they're back together, which is...amazing, really. I smiled, as I taped up the box. I'm going to be moving in with Connor soon, Nick is (possibly) settling down, and Christen seems to be finally getting where she wants to be. I laid down on my bed, feeling just a bit melancholic. God, deviancy takes you places you never expected. Deviancy reminds you of everything you didn't think could happen like love, family, and surprise. 

As I began to feel depression setting in, I heard something hitting my window. Looking out, I saw Connor gently throwing pebbles at my window. 

"Connor, I'm not seventeen. I have a doorbell, and Nick won't come out with a shotgun if you ring it," I said, smirking. He shrugged.

"Honestly, I just don't want to see Gavin," he admitted, approaching the window. I moved out of the way and he climbed in, practically falling onto the floor. 

"I can never nail that, can I?" Connor sighed. He looked up and around. "It looks so empty."

"Well, I am packing up..." I explained.

"Good. I pick up the keys tomorrow at 5. By next week, we'll be all moved in. It's unbelievable to think that just a couple of months ago, we took Hank drunk home from a bar," Connor said, standing up.

"And before that, we were being created to be police partners," I smiled.

"That's funny to me because I really...honestly...thought you were a terrible detective," Connor said chuckling. 

"Wow. Rude," I said, laughing along with him. "To be fair, I thought you were an asshole."

"I was!" He admitted, sitting down on the end of the bed. 

"So, why have you decided to grace me with your presence?" I asked looking at him.

"I had this feeling...deep down in the pit of my stomach. This feeling that maybe you were upset...or that you needed me. It was like...impending doom," He said, looking off into the distance.

"Well, I was feeling a bit down, but it wasn't anything major," I explained, looking at him concerned.

"No, it was stronger than that. Like maybe you could be hurt. Not right now, but later..." 

"What?" I asked. Suddenly, the power went out, and the entire room was dark. 

I looked out the window quickly and saw the other houses had their lights on. Did we blow a fuse?

I walked out of the room with Connor, and the entire house was dark. I heard stumbling down the stairs and saw a flashlight. I looked and it was Nick. The power is out through the whole house. 

"Should we...check the fuse box?" Nick suggested. 

"Yeah," I answered. 

Nick nodded and looked at everyone. Connor quickly took out a flashlight of his own. 

"Charlotte and I will check the fuse box out in the shed. Can you two hold your shit together for long enough to check the fucking house?" Nick asked Connor and Gavin. They sighed but nevertheless nodded. 

Connor and Gavin went about to check each of the rooms. Nick and I headed out the back door, quietly sneaking through the backyard towards the shed. As Nick and I approached, he looked incredibly anxious. 

"Here, wait by the door, while I check the box," Nick said as we walked into the shed. He headed towards the back while I held my hand onto the handle.