Chapter 48 - <b>Nick Lance</b>

Hey guys! I actually wrote these chapters about a week ago or so? I published yesterday's chapter not really content with it. I'm sorry. I gave you a chapter I wasn't happy with. I also published it quite late because I spent a majority of the day trying to figure out a way to edit it to my liking...and really I'm lost. Today's chapter I've spent longer working on, and am trying to make the chapter end more satisfying. Chapters will probably be longer, and contain yknow...actual interactions. I know I give you guys fluff, but that's really to make connections. Yesterday's chapter didn't really do that job...

So guys, this chapter isn't perfect. Not by any means. I want to add more substance to it, so I combined it with the next chapter - Chapter 49. Hopefully that will make this whole section/plot point more palatable.

I'll also try to get out 2 chapters today, but bear with me.

Thanks,

Andrea

~

I stared. I didn't blink. I don't understand at all.

"I know. It's a bit of a surprise. Unfortunately, I had to give it something that wouldn't be too annoying for you, but I couldn't ask you. I thought that with this...you could at least charge instead, or you don't have to sleep for the full 8 hours," she explained.

I blinked.

"Okay...so the beauty of it is, that you don't have to sleep every night. Only every several days. If you go too long, you will start to feel tired, easily overwhelmed. That sort of thing," Doctor Lance explained. "If you can't afford to sleep, just charge and-"

She was suddenly interrupted by a man bursting through the door. Connor turned to him.

"Oh. It's you," she said sighing.

The man had short blonde curly hair, and looked eerily similar to Doctor Lance.

"Oh my God! Bolts is up!" He cheered excitedly. Bolts?

"Nick...you're going to overwhelm her," Doctor Lance told him.

I'm Bolts? He's Nick?

Wait...I remember him. Nick...I spent a lot of time with him, didn't I? Yes...I was assigned to a Nick, wasn't I? Nick Lance! He was my partner...at the police station! He's a childish, gay, deputy assigned to Narcotics!

"Look at that expression on her face! She's so happy to see me!" Nick said happy.

"Her face is paralyzed, Nick," Doctor Lance answered.

"All the more amazing that she can show such overwhelming love for me," He answered.

"Leave," The Doctor ordered him. Nick turned around sadly, and left.

"Do you remember him?" The Doctor asked.

I blinked.

"Completely? Or...at least mostly?" She asked.

I blinked.

"How does she remember him...but not me?" Connor asked.

"Don't take it personally, Connor. There's a miriad of reasons. Nick was the first person she saw, her original mission, and...he has a very bold personality."