3|

"Help me with this." Eitri asked Ori. Ori helped Eitri carry the metal for Thor's new hammer. She also helped Eitri place it on the pedestal.

Eitri walked over towards a lever. He placed his hands on it.

"Step back, Ori." Eitri said. Ori followed his orders.

Eitri then pulled the lever and the rings began to spin. In the middle of the rings, there was a ball. The doors to the ball slightly opened showing a bright light. Then, the doors closed.

"Um, I'm sure they're not supposed to do that, right?" Ori asked.

"It's been dead for too long!" Eitri said.

"I can open the rings." Thor said.

Rocket looked up at him.

"Manually?! If you do that, you could die!"

"Thank you for your concern sweet rabbit. But I'll be fine."

"Thor," Eitri started. "If you open the rings manually, you could die."

"I just have to keep them open long enough, right?"

Eitri sighed.

"Yes."

"Good," Thor walked over towards Rocket and Groot. "I'm gonna need your help small rabbit. And that ship of yours."

"Alright." Rocket and Thor walked towards the ship. Groot got back onto his video game.

"Wow," Ori looked at Groot, "you really are a teenager."

"I am Groot." Groot said in a sassy voice.

"Ex-excuse me?!" Ori looked at Groot shocked. "You should really watch the language."

Groot huffed and rolled his eyes.

🌙

"He better be careful." Ori said. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she watched rockets ship move towards the rings. Thor got out of the ship and it began to spin.

"It needs to go faster!" Thor shouted to Rocket.

"I got it!" Ori yelled. She ran towards an edge and concentrated. Her hands glowed a faint purple. Ori kept one hand out and one hand began to spin in a circle. The ship was spinning faster. Thor let go and flew towards the center of the dying star. The rings creaked and they began to move.

"Open it!" Eitri yelled.

Thor placed his hands in the opening and began to open it. A bright yellow light began to flow out of it. Then, it came out faster. The light hit the stone and made it hot.

Ori looked at Thor.

"It's killing him!" Ori shouted.

"He made a choice." Eitri said as he quickly took the stone off the pedestal. The middle of the dying star closed. Thor floated towards Ori and Eitri. He landed with a thud. He was out cold.

"Thor!" Ori ran over towards him and shook him. He didn't wake up. "Thor! You idiot! Wake up!" Still nothing.

Eitri finished the axe and began to look for a handle.

"He needs the axe finished! Or he'll die!" Eitri began to throw stuff around. "Where is that handle?!"

Groot looked up from his game and looked at Thor. Then he looked back and forth between his game and Thor. Groot dropped his game and grew his arm out. He began to yell.

"I AM GROOOOOTTT!!" Groot wrapped his arm around the axe and then cut it off. He had just made a handle.

Thor's hand opened and the axe flew to him. He caught it and took in a deep breath. Ori sighed.

"That was stupid! Really stupid!" Ori looked at Thor on the ground and held out her hand. He took it and she helped him up.

"I made a choice." Thor said.

Ori rolled her eyes.

"So, where to next?" Ori asked.

Thor spun the axe in his hand.

"We kill Thanos."

"I like that plan." Ori smiled. Thor nodded his head.

"Let's go then." Thor opened the bifröst and Ori, Groot, Rocket and Thor went to Midgard.