14|

Ori felt something tingly inside her body. She felt light. She felt calm. Yet, she didn't wake up.

"...It should slow the pain." Someone said.

"How-" Thor began to speak but was interrupted.

"I'd rather not explain." The person muttered.

Why wasn't Ori waking up?!

"How long will she be out for?" Thor asked.

"I'm not sure," Bruce started. "I haven't seen any signs yet. Nothing's spiked." Bruce sighed.

"She'll wake up." The person replied. "I know she will."

Just then, Ori felt someone's hand on her arm. She inhaled a big breath. Then, she let it out slowly.

"Something's off." Bruce said. You could hear his fingers tap on a tablet.

Ori began to see the battle again. Her hair whipped in her face. The cries of agony echoed in her ears as other soldiers fell around her. Then came her father. Thanos.

Ori's hands gripped the bed sheets tighter. Her heart rate was increasing.

"Banner? What's going on?!" Steve's shoes echoed into the room.

"Ori's having a panic attack." Bruce had placed down his tablet and came over by Ori.

"Don't touch her!" The person growled.

Thor cleared his throat. The person holding Ori's arm let go. Though, they were not pleased.

Ori saw her father move quickly in her vision. She saw herself fight him. Yet, Ori felt that familiar pain of her own blade sinking into her skin.

Ori's eyes suddenly shot opened as she gasped for air. Her back arched as she screamed. Ori wasn't truly awake. It was as if she was having a nightmare and opened her eyes to unsee everything, but still continued to see those gory images.

"Ori!" Thor shouted. "Ori you're alright!"

Ori saw the flash of a smile. She saw her father crush her blade in his hand. She saw him walk away and complete his mission. Ori then saw the world move quickly as she fell to the ground. She saw something block out the sunlight. Saw the persons black hair move in the wind. Saw their green eyes sparkle with concern.

Ori suddenly shook her head. Her palms pressed against her eyes. She was crazy. Ori must've been hallucinating when she was dying. He couldn't be alive. She saw Thanos crush his neck. She cried over his body with Thor as the ship blew to pieces. Then again. Those words rang in her ears.

"I'll see you both soon."

Ori took her hands away from her eyes and calmed herself down. Silent tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Ori..." Thor looked at the girl with a hint of worry.

"I'm fine." Ori answered. She swung her legs off of the bed and pulled out all of the things that were attached to her body.

"You need rest." Bruce said as he walked towards Ori. She gave him a deadly glare.

"I can handle it. I've experienced things much worse."

Bruce backed away.

Ori looked around the room and found that he was gone.

"Where is he?" Ori asked Thor.

"What—"

"It's fine, forget it." Ori huffed and walked towards the exit. Steve stopped her.

"We found something beside you while you were unconscious." Steve held out his hand and placed it in Ori's. Then, Steve dropped something cold into the girl's hand.

Ori's hand shook as she inspected the jewelry. The charm had a sphere in the middle of it. Surrounding the sphere were small triangles. This made it look like a sun. Inside the sphere was a bright, moving liquid that was the color of the sun. This, Ori realized was part of the suns energy.

"Ray—" Ori covered her mouth before she could let the sob escape her. Ori hadn't realized Ray was wearing jewelry on that ship. She didn't even remember grabbing it from the girl's body. Unless...

"Excuse me." Ori passed Steve and walked out of the room. She walked through the empty halls. Passed the rooms that used to hold important people.

Ori wound up in the hangar of the Avengers base. Her legs buckled and she fell to the ground sobbing. She screamed for everyone she lost. For all of the humans that died. For everything.

"Where are you!" Ori screamed in her mind. "Please!"

"This is all my fault." Ori sobbed. "This is what I get for being the daughter of a mad Titan." Ori slammed her fist into the ground and heard a loud crack. "I should've died." Ori's hand flattened onto the ground. Her sobs shook her body. "They shouldn't have saved a monster."

"Do you really think yourself a monster?" A familiar voice asked.

Ori flinched and slowly sat up. She looked towards the source of the voice and gasped.

"What?" Loki asked. "Is there something on me?"

Ori scrambled to stand. Then, she ran towards him and tackled him with a hug.

"I thought you were dead." Ori cried.

"I'm the god of mischief. You really think I'd die easily?" Loki asked.

Ori only laughed.

"Why didn't you listen to me?" Loki asked as Ori pulled away to look at him.

"Wait, you were the one telling me that it wouldn't be wise?" Ori sighed. "Of course."

"You almost died." Loki said.

"I don't die easily." Ori replied. She leaned towards Loki and placed and sweet kiss on his lips. He pulled her closer into his chest and deepened the kiss further.

Ori pulled away and placed her forehead on Loki's.

"I missed you." Ori whispered.

"I missed you as well." Loki smirked. "Although, I was watching you. To make sure you wouldn't do something stupid."

Ori laughed. Then it faded.

"What are we going to do?" Ori asked. "Half of the population is gone. Thanos won."

"Thanos will never win." Thor said as he entered the hangar. "We'll kill him and fix his mess."

"And we'll do that together." Steve said as he and the other Avengers entered the hangar. Or, what was left of the Avengers anyway.

"You're part of the Avengers now." Steve said. "And nothing stops us from a fight."

Ori nodded.

Suddenly, a figure in white and blue crashed through the ceiling of the hangar. Once the smoke cleared, Ori's eyes widened.

"Valkyrie?!"

__________________________

That's the end of "The Other Titan." I hoped you guys liked it. Also, have you guys seen the EndGame trailer yet? OMG! I'm super excited!! I'm gonna have another chapter after this one though, but it's going to be a Sneak Peek for my next book "The End" this will follow the EndGame movie. I'll be posting that chapter soon, don't worry. 😉

 😉