Sneak Peek

Here's a sneak peek at the first chapter of The End.
_______________________

1|

Ori helped her friend stand. She was happy to see her alive.

"How did you escape Thanos?" Ori asked.

"I-I can't remember." Valkyrie replied. "There was this flash of light and I woke up on Sakaar. I hardly remember anything after that."

"That's alright." Ori said. "Rest, save your strength."

"People, they started vanishing before my eyes." Valkyrie stared out into the distance. "I-I couldn't save them."

"Val," Ori placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. "It's alright."

Valkyrie relaxed at Ori's touch. She nodded her head and sighed.

"Come on," Ori guided her friend outside. "Let's take a walk."

🌙

"So, Thanos..." Valkyrie looked at Ori. "He's the cause of all of this?"

Ori sighed. "Yes." She lowered her head.

"Hey," Valkyrie stopped her friend. "This isn't because of you."

"Val, I'm the daughter of a mad Titan. We're practically the same thing."

"Ori-" Valkyrie was interrupted.

"No. NO!" Ori pointed a finger at her friend. "I do not need your sympathy." Ori's hands began to slightly shake. But she didn't notice this.

"Ori," Valkyrie grabbed the girl's hands in hers. "You are not like him. If you were, you'd be by his side. You'd have your own throne. Ori, you'd smile at this." Valkyrie motioned towards their empty surroundings. "Yet, you feel pain and love. Thanos doesn't know what that is."

Something in Ori's mind tugged. It felt like someone was trying to crawl their way into her brain. Ori shrugged it off.

"How are we supposed to fix this?" Ori asked. "How can we? This can't be undone. It just can't."

"There's always a way to clean up a mess." Valkyrie said. "We'll just have to figure that out."

Ori sighed.

"Okay."

"I missed you by the way." Valkyrie said. "I thought something might've happened to you."

"You know I don't die easily." Ori smiled. Valkyrie laughed.

The tug in Ori's mind happened again. It must've been Loki. Maybe he was trying to talk to her.

"Not now, Loki." Ori touched his mind.

"Not now, what?" Loki replied confused.

Just then, Ori felt like she had thousands of spiders crawling inside her brain. The tingling sensation made her scratch at her scalp.