10|

T'Challa walked outside to meet the other Avengers. He had Okoye by his side.

"When you said we were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world... this is not what I imagined."

T'Challa looked at her with a small smile.

"What did you imagine?"

"The Olympics." Okoye replied. "Maybe even a Starbucks."

The ship landed and opened its back door. Everyone spilled out.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asked Rhodes.

"Yeah, he's a king." Rhodes replied.

Steve and Natasha walked up towards T'Challa.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve said.

Bruce cleared his throat and bowed. Rhodes looked at him like he was a foreign object.

"What are you doing?"

"Uh, we don't do that here." T'Challa said.

Bruce looked at Rhodes and sighed. Rhodes had a big grin on his face.

"So," T'Challa started. "How big of an assault should we expect?"

"Uh-uh sir," Bruce appeared behind Steve. "I think you should expect quite a big assault."

"How we looking?" Nat asked.

"You will have my kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." T'Challa pointed towards Bucky.

"And a semi-stable 100 year old man." Bucky smiled at Steve.

Steve walked towards his best friend and hugged him. "How you been, Buck?"

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world." Bucky replied. Steve smiled.

🌙

Vision was laying down on a table as Shuri ran her device over him.

"Whoa." Bruce breathed.

"It's polymorphic." Shuri said.

"Right," Bruce replied. "We had to attach each neuron non-sequentially."

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asked.

"Because we didn't think of it." Bruce replied.

I'm sure you did your best." Shuri said.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asked.

"Yes," Shuri replied. "But there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." Shuri looked at T'Challa. "It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve asked.

"As long as you can give me." Shuri said.

An alarm sounded throughout the building. Everyone looked around the room.

"Something's entered the atmosphere." Okoye said as she showed a hologram of the Earth on her palm.

"Hey Cap," Sam's voice filled Steve's head. "We got a situation here."

"It's too late." Vision said as he sat up. "We need to destroy the stone now."