Just A Spark {9}

“Ow, Shane, stop hitting me!” Mitch growled.

                “Then stop cheating. You’re peeking at my cards!” Shane said.

                “I am not!” Mitch argued.

                “Yes you are,” Shane said, punching Mitch again.

                “That’s it,” Mitch snarled and jumped on Shane.

                The two fell to the ground, wrestling with each other. Mitch pinned Shane’s arms with his knees and punched Shane in the stomach. Shane gagged and brought his leg up, awkwardly kicking Mitch in the back. He pulled his arm free and punched Mitch in the face.

                He and Mitch began to throw wild punches at each other and I watched lazily. We had been playing Uno, but I guess now they were going to kill each other before we got to finish the game.

                “Stop killing each other! I don’t want blood on the floor!” Jasper said, running out. He managed to pull Mitch off of Shane, restraining him with effort. He glared at the brothers. “Stop fighting before you really hurt each other.”

                “We would never really hurt each other,” Shane said, rubbing his stomach where Mitch had punched him.

                “You broke my finger one time,” Mitch said.

                “That was an accident,” Shane said.

                “You also hit me with a car,” Mitch said.

                “That was not an accident,” Shane said.

                “My brother pushed me out of a window once,” I said.

                “I’ve been tempted to do that a few times,” Mitch said, glancing at me as his dad released him.

                “Stop fighting or I’ll ground you. I think. Is that a good punishment?” Jasper frowned in confusion. “I don’t know. I’ll just beat you to death with a stick or something.”

                “Father of the year,” Mitch said.

                “Shut up you rude bastard,” Jasper said, flicking him the forehead before leaving the room.

                Mitch and Shane came back over and sat down. Shane leaned back, tossing his cards to the ground.

                “I’m bored. I wish Jace was here,” he said.

                “Me too,” Mitch said with a grin.

                Shane whacked him in the arm. “Stop it. That’s my best friend. Stop thinking about having sex with him.”

                “Can you blame me?” Mitch asked with a shrug.

                “Shane’s just jealous. I’ll give you some loving,” I said, winking at Shane.

                “I’d rather not,” Shane said.

                I laid down, my head in Mitch’s lap. He leaned back against the couch, looking as bored as we all felt.

                “What can we do to kill time?” he asked.

                I shrugged. “We can do me.”