Just A Spark {15}

We paid and left Denny’s. We got in my car and started driving. I glanced at Ezra as I drove around aimlessly.

                “Where do you want to go?” I asked.

                He shrugged. “Wherever.”

                “Want to come over? We can go swimming or something,” I said.

                “Sure!” he said brightly.

                I drove us to my house and parked the car in the driveway. My cell phone buzzed and I pulled it out, answering it.

                “Hello?”

                “What did Hank do now?” Ethan asked.

                “What are you talking about?” I asked in confusion.

                “My boyfriend texted me saying he saw you in Denny’s and you looked like someone killed your whole family with a tomato and then used their lifeless hands to jerk off,” Ethan said. “And yes, those were actually Will’s words.”

                “Look, I’ll call you later,” I said.

                “With Ezra?” he guessed.

                “It’s creepy how you always do that. Bye Ethan,” I said and hung up the phone.

                We got out of the car and I led Ezra inside. I looked over at my table and groaned miserably.

                “You hung up on me,” Ethan said. “Rude.”

                “Why are you in my house?” I demanded.

                “Because your parents were exhausted, so they called my parents and asked them to help out. My mom is creepily watching Hank sleep right now,” Ethan said. “My dad is your living room. They dragged me along to hang out with you, but when we got here, your dad said that you had left to go hang out with Ezra.”

                “We’re going swimming,” I said.

                “I’ll join!” he said, jumping up.

                “You weren’t invited,” I said.

                “I invite you,” Ezra said, smiling. “I like him. He’s funny.”

                “There you go,” Ethan said, gesturing at Ezra. “I’ve been invited along.”

                I sighed and gestured at them to follow me. We went through my living room and I waved to Uncle Greg before bringing Ezra and Ethan into my bedroom.

                I tossed swim trunks at them. “There, go change. Ethan, you use the downstairs bathroom because I hate you. And Ezra, you use the upstairs one because I hate you slightly less,” I said.

                Ethan pouted and left my room. Ezra followed after him, shutting my door as he went. I quickly changed into the swim trunks and waited for them to return.

                We went out to the pool once they were ready and jumped into the cool water. I noticed the scars on Ethan’s leg as he ran off the deck, jumping into the water.

                My eyes shot to Ezra, wondering if he harbored any dark secrets like Ethan. He seemed like such an open person, but I knew there was a world of secrets behind his pleasant smile.