Just A Spark {25}

I rolled over, pulling the covers over my head, not wanting to wake up. The world was blurry, and Mitch’s house wasn’t as familiar to me as my own, so I couldn’t mindlessly navigate it.

                I couldn’t remember where I had taken my glasses off last night. My phone kept buzzing next to me, meaning I had a text message that I had been ignoring for a while.

                I grabbed my phone and squinted at it, but it was no use. I pushed the covers off of my head and sat up, running a hand through my hair.

                “Jace,” I said, hoping he would be awake.

                “What?” he asked from the direction of Mitch’s bed.

                “Where are my glasses?” I asked, looking around as if I would actually be able to spot them.

                “Turn around,” he said and I did. “Okay, now they’re on your left.’

                I reached out and touched them. I pulled them onto my face and thanked Jace before looking down at my phone and opening my text messages.

                From: Ezra

                You did not meet me at the wall last night mister! >:(

                From: Ezra

                I’m not really mad at you, don’t ignore me :c

                From: Ezra

                Oh, right, you’re probably still sleeping. Sorry! Text me when you wake up if you want to hang out today c:

                I rolled my eyes and replied to him.

                To: Ezra

                I was at Mitch’s and I fell asleep, sorry. Just woke up. Come to Mitch’s house so I can canoodle you on his couch again.

                He replied that he would be over in a little and I grabbed a shirt, pulling it on. I fixed my hair a little and wiped the smudges off of my glasses.

                I looked over and realized that Mitch was awake and scrolling through his phone. He was lazily draped on Jace’s chest.

                “Ezra is coming over,” I said.

                “That’s fine,” he said without looking up.

                I laid back down and closed my eyes, still feeling tired. I blinked my eyes open, realizing that I hadn’t even texted my mom, and I had been gone for almost three days.

                I grabbed my phone, surprised she hadn’t freaked on me yet. Then again, she probably knew I was with Mitch.

                I texted her to let her know that I was here and I was fine before closing my eyes again. The doorbell rang, but none of us bothered to get up.

                A minute later, there was a knock on Mitch’s bedroom door. I grinned a little, since my boyfriend had way better manners than I did.

                “Thank you for actually knocking. Come in,” Mitch said.

                Ezra came in and over to me. He nudged me with his toe and I opened my eyes, looking up at him.