Chapter 2: Man on the Radio

"Search the area." A deep voice spoke.

Twigs snapped in response. A shadow suddenly loomed over both girls. The small girl glanced at the dark silhouette in fear and then at her mother who held a gun at the man.

"Run as fast as you can, Indi. Everything will be okay."
"N..no...momma, I'm scared!"

"It's okay sweetie, run for me and don't look back okay."

The young girl got up turning away from the distant yells and the comfort of her mother. A shot made Indi flinch in fear. She ran crying out across the woods. She was alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Indigo?!"

The small girl screamed as Rick shook her from her nightmare. Her dark blue eyes shot open in terror. The girl clung to him for comfort. Rick was a little taken back but wrapped his arms around her.

"He got momma, Rick!" Indi cried out. Rick looked at her tear soaked face.

"Who got her?"

"...the bad men." She whispered in fear.

Rick didn't know what to say, how to react. The poor child was clearly in pain and all he could do was hold her.

"Is that how you ended up in that car?" Rick asked her. Indigo nodded quietly wiping her tears.

"It was the only place I could hide that the monsters wouldn't get me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mommy?!" Indigo whispered terrified at the monsters clawing at the window of the car, "I'm scared!"

The monsters jaws snapped in hunger at the little girl trapped inside the car. Their blood smearing across the glass windows, the only thing separating them from her. All of a sudden, it's head sliced open making her scream, a scruffy man in a police uniform appearing.

"Anybody in there?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 day later

"Rick?"

"Yes?"

"Are we almost there?"

Rick smiled amused by Indi, "...so close."

"You said that the last time I asked." Indigo stated annoyed, she pouted a little.

"Yep, five minutes ago."