Chapter 30: Cherokee Rose

a/n: play this once you get to Carol saying  "a flower?"
- right at the end of this chapter - (made me cry omg)
Credit: Cherokee RoseWD {YouTube}

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indigos P.O.V.

"Lori?" Indigo spoke quietly careful to attract any unwanted attention. Lori's head shot towards the girl as she pulled up her pants, "A-Are you okay?"

Lori wiped her face proving she had been clearly crying, "Indi, honey, what are you doing out here?"

"I-I needed to change my clothes and bandages..." The small girl replied, "what were you doing back there?"

Lori placed her hand on the girls face, "You can't tell anyone okay. Not even Rick."

Indigo didn't understand but she could tell the woman was serious by the tone of her voice. Lori slipped her hand in Indigos pulling her along, "Come along, I'll help you change your bandages."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third P.O.V. {1 week ago}

Lori made her way over towards Glenn who was getting ready for the run, "Hello, farmer's daughter." Lori's attempt at a joke was only answered by a mere, 'Hi.' She nervously handed Glenn the piece of paper, "Here's your list. And, um, there's one other item. I wrote it down separately. It's personal. If we could be real discreet about that, okay?"

"Sure." He replied.

Lori smiled, "Thank you."

"Uh, what is it?" Glenn grabbed hold of the list turning it to face him.

"Kind of missing the point of the whole discreet thing, Glenn."

Glenn's face turned a bright pink, "Oh, right. Um...I just need to know where to find it."

"Try the feminine hygiene section."

"Oh. Enough said." Glenn told her, "Consider it done."

---

"You know, normally this is the kind of thing I'd do on my own." Maggie chuckles, "Solo. It's sort of my thing, you know? I'm a loner."

"You all right?" Glenn asked suddenly looking at the woman.

"I'm fine." She replied hesitantly.

Glenn nodded but knew the feeling, "I saw the look on your face back at the well. Never seen one killed up close before?"

"Guess it's kind of a shock." Maggie told him petting the upper neck of her horse.

"You know, being out on the road, we've seen a lot." He said thinking back to the past weeks. It felt like years, "Guess we've gotten a little numb to it."

"Whoa..." Maggie soothed softly as the horses came to a stop, "I guess so." They stopped at a small store by the road as they hopped off their ride. "I'll go see what antibiotics are left."