Chapter 20: Hungover

"Most of the facility is powered down including housing, so you'll have to make do here." Jenner said as Indigo walked beside Glenn content, "The couches are comfortable, but there are cots in storage if you like. There's a rec room down the hall that you kids might enjoy. Just don't plug in the video games, okay? Or anything that draws power. The same applies...if you shower, go easy on the hot water."

"Hot water?" Glenn grinned turning to them.

"That's what the man said." T-Dog chuckled. Indigo smiled to herself, this place might actually be home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indigo gagged at the sight of Andrea vomiting. She didn't know how she ended up here but right now she was more focused on not vomiting herself. Dale rubbed her back as she coughed in between sobs.

"That's it. That's it. Get it out." He stated patting her back softly, "There you go."

"Oh...god." Andrea wiped her mouth flushing the toilet. She let out a small sob, "Oh. Everything's gone."

Dale smiled softly, "It's always better going down than coming up, huh?"

"I don't mean the wine, Dale." Andrea mumbled looking up at the man, "You know, it's over. There's nothing left. Don't you see that?"

Dale was taken off guard, "Oh, I...I see a...a chance to make a new start."

Andrea laughed quietly, "Oh my God, Dale." He watched her intently, "Dale, didn't you see the look on Jenner's face? Hear what I'm saying. There's nothing left." Indigo frowned grabbing her bag.

"That's not true." She mumbled. Andrea looked taken back, "You still have us."

Indigo placed her backpack on moving out of the room leaving Dale and Andrea behind before entering the room where she last saw Carl and Sophia. Sure enough they were there with Carol.

"Hey, honey." Carol smiled, "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to colour the bunny in my book." Indigo replied sitting down unpacking her things.

"Ahh, I see." Carol chuckles as Lori slips into the room.

"Any good books?" She asked as Carol tilts towards her.

Carol smiled, "Uh-huh." She closed the book getting up, "Enough to keep us busy for years. All right. Come on, kids, it's bedtime."

Lori nudged Carl forwards towards Carol, "Baby, go say your prayers. I'm gonna browse a bit. Same with you, Indi."

"No..." She whined, "please just five more minutes. I'm almost finished colouring this bunny."

"Okay. Five minutes." Lori smiles at the girls cheeky grin as she eyes Carol.

"Come on." She says to the other two kids as she smiles one last time at Lori, "This is the first night we might actually get some real sleep."

"Hmm. It's a miracle, isn't it?" The women laugh as the door closes behind Carol. She sighs. "You have three minutes left." Lori sings softly making Indigo laugh.

The slam of a door makes them both jump, it was just Shane. He was holding  a wine bottle. Indigo was unsure and shrugged it off.