Chapter 12: Another Dixon

Shane sat up on top of the RV alone watching the Grimes tent. His eyes were empty but his face seemed very upset. Thunder continued to rumble as he placed his hat on.

-------

Indigo flickered her eyes open leaning up groggily.

"Sleep well?"

She looked over to see Rick tying his boots up. She nodded smiling.

"Yeah."

"I'm going to go find Lori and Carl. Get dressed, we have lots to do, today." Rick said as he got up ruffling her hair. Indigo watched Rick leave the tent as she was left alone.

------

"Morning."

"Morning." Carol replied as Rick looked at the clothes she was drying.

"They're still a little damp. The sun'll have 'em dry in no time."

"You washed my clothes?" Rick said smiling softly.

"Well, best we could. Scrubbing on a washboard ain't half as good as my old maytag back home." Carol chuckled, "I managed to find some of Sophia's clothes she doesn't fit anymore for Indi."

"That's very kind. Thank you." Rick smiled at the woman as she nodded smiling back.

Rick turned to approach Glenn who was visibly upset. Dale had torn apart some of the spare parts on the car that they had stolen.

"Look at 'em. Vultures. Yeah, go on, strip it clean."

"Generators need every drop of fuel they can get." Dale said as he tore off another piece, "Got no power without it. Sorry, Glenn."

Glenn shook his head, "Thought I'd get to drive it at least a few more days."

"Maybe we'll get to steal another one someday." Rick told Glenn patting his back.

Rick walked away from the two men finally finding Lori.

"Morning officer." Lori smiled at her husband.

"Hey." Rick replied as she placed her hands around his neck.

"You sleep okay?" She asked him as he nodded.

"Best sleep I've had for a while." Rick stated.

Lori chuckled, "Well, I didn't want to wake you or Indi. I figured you could use it." Lori noticed Rick's stern facial expression. "God. What?"

"I've been thinking about the man we left behind."

"You're not serious." Lori told him sternly.

--------

Indigo opened the tent a little, sun lighting seeping in. She grabbed bear and her backpack walking out passing Rick and Lori who seemed to be having an important conversation. Shane had just arrived with the water catching her attention.

"Water's here, y'all. Just a reminder to boil before use." Shane called out. His eyes shifted towards Rick and Lori then curiously at the girl Rick had brought with him.

"Are you asking me or telling me?" Indigo heard Lori say, she seemed in doubt. She all of a sudden felt a hand tap on her shoulder.

"Indi, want to come play with me and the other kids." Indigo turned to see Carl smiling at her excitedly. Indigo thought for a moment.