Chapter 10: Sports Car

Rick and Glenn move quickly throwing their weapons over a nearby fence. They climb over it before the walkers were able to get a taste of their flesh, catching their breath. Glenn finds the keys to the truck as Rick pulls out Merles pistol and shoots each stray walker that came close to them. Glenn finally finds the keys snatching them up and throws them towards Rick.

"Rick!"

Rick catches the keys with one hand walking towards the truck. The door still had hand prints on them as if the civilisation just disappeared the night before and the world they once knew stopped in time. He was saddened by the thought of this whole construction site once running, creating more buildings within the city. This place could have been so much more, but now it was nothing. He screeched the door to the truck open as some walkers began piling up against the fence, some managing to get over. Those walkers who did get over began charging at them. Glenn watched as one of the dead reached the truck tapping on his window.

"Go go go go!" Glenn yelled as Rick started the truck up. It's engine rumbling to life. More walkers began to pile up outside the vehicle as Rick pushed his foot hard down on the accelerator speeding through the exit before the rest of the walkers could catch up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"They're leaving us." Andrea shouted at the rest of the survivors. Indigo shook her head.

"What? What?" Merle replied in confusion.

"No...no! Rick wouldn't leave me!" Indi shouted, "he wouldn't leave you all here either."

"Where they going? Where they going?" Morales repeated watching the truck rev down the street.

"No no, come back." Andrea pleaded as Indigo watched the vehicle disappear behind some other buildings.

'He'll come back, right?' Indigo thought as she bit her lip.

~~~~~~~~~

Rick turned the steering wheel to a sharp right avoiding hitting a broken down car which had once boomed down the streets of Atlanta. Walkers hurried after them, growling and clawing at the truck. Blood splattered across the front of the truck as Glenn watched in terror in the passenger seat.

"Oh my God. Oh my God.They're all over that place."

"You need to draw them away. Those roll-up doors at the front of the store...that area?" Rick said, "That's what I need cleared. Raise your friends. Tell them to get down there and be ready."

"And I'm drawing the geeks away how?" Glenn questioned, "I...I missed that part."

"Noise."

As they drive down the street, Rick pulls up next to a red sports car. They both hop out of the truck quickly. Rick smashes the window of the car as its alarm goes off. Glenn looks around as walkers begin to notice the loud noise. Rick opens the door and begins to hot wire it for Glenn.

"Okay, hop in. Remember what I said. Roll up doors, clear out the area and make sure you get your friends attention." Rick repeats what he said thoroughly as he gets back into the truck.

Glenn nods getting into the sport car slamming his foot down speeding down the street. Glenn picks up his walkie fiddling with the button, "Those roll-up doors at the front of the store facing the street...meet us there and be ready."