Chapter 2

I just finished packing my bag for the school day when mum called me downstairs.

I walk down stairs and she was at the door talking to someone.

"Oh y/n your here" she said with a smile "There are some people here to see us" 

I look at the door and see the two boys from yesterday and their mum.

I awkwardly wave and they wave back.

"y/n sweetie" mum said to me "this is Liu and Jeff, they're our new neighbours and they need you to show them the way to the bus stop, I was going to ask Charlie, but she had drama this morning"

I look at my mum then at the boys then back at mum.

'I'll just get my stuff' I sign to her

I run upstairs and grab my bag and $5 from my piggy bank then run back down.

The two boys smile at me and start to walk down the front stairs. 

I hug my mum goodbye and she hands me something.

"Just incase" she says as she hands me a notepad and pen

I nod and run to where the boys were.

We start to walk in silence until the taller boy speaks.

"So y/n is it" he says "I'm Liu"

I smile and shake his hand.

"and this is Jeff" I turn to his brother and shake his hand too

I pull out my notepad and pen and write something on it before tapping Liu on the shoulder and showing him.

'Did you bring money?' it said

He looked a bit taken back by the question but answered anyway "Uh yes, do you need some?"

I shake my head and put my hands up.

"Why did you ask then?" Jeff asked

'You might need it' i write

They both look at each other then me for a second. I smile softly and they look back ahead.

We soon arrive at the bus stop and sit on one of the seats. I walk past them and go to sit in the corner as always when Liu says "y/n don't you want to sit with us"

I look at them for a second before slowly walking over and sitting next to Liu.

'Sorry i'm not used to people accepting me' i write

"Well get used to it" he says with a smile "because we are going to need a new friend at shool"

'You think we're friends?'

"Yeah of course" he says "right Jeff?"

"Yeah for sure" Jeff said with a smile.

I have friends. I feel something new. It was a nice feeling. A feeling of acceptance and belonging. I smile and look at the floor.

"Look boys new meat" I look up and see Randy and his gang

I stand and pull the money out of my pocket before they could do anything and go to hand it to them when I feel a hand on my wrist. It was Liu.

"Who do you think you are" Jeff spat

"well since your new here, i'd like to introduce ourselves" Randy said "over there is Keith"

Jeff and Liu looked at Kieth "and he's Troy" he pointed at Troy "and I, am Randy"

"What do you want" Jeff sais