Chapter 12

I look down to me feet from under the blanket.

One of my legs was in a cast and the other had a few cuts and scrapes.

I must've really injured it when running.

Wait, what about my face?!

I lift my hand slowly to where my mouth is.

But instead of my fingers coming into contact with skin, I feel the soft touch of bandages.

How did I not notice this before?

There was a thick layer of bandages wrapped around my mouth from the back of my head.

I shiver at the thought of the cut being so bad that they had to wrap it this much.

...

"Do you remember what happened?" The doctor asked

I shake my head.

I can't let him know the truth about what happened. I don't know why, but I feel like this situation is best kept secret for now.

"Hmm, I see" he wrote something down in his clipboard and turned back to me "do you feel like you have developed any physiological trauma?"

I shake my head again.

He again writes it down on his clipboard.

He continues to ask me questions about my mental health and I answer by nodding or shaking my head.

"And uh, do you by any chance know the name of the person who brought you in?" He asked

I sat there for a minute and thought about it.

I do know. It was Liu. But I can't tell him that.

I slowly shake my head and he looks at me with a confused look.

"Are you sure?" He asks

I nod

"Hmm, ok then" he stands up and goes to the door "thank you for your help"

I go to smile but I feel a sharp sting at the side of my mouth. I flinch and resort to a small wave.

I sit back and look at the end of my bed.

...

2 weeks later.

"Hello y/n" a nurse came into the room with a clipboard "how are you feeling?"

I nod and hold a thumbs up as usual.

"Good, you know what today is?" She asked with enthusiasm

I tilt my head in confusion and she giggles.

"Today, you get your bandages and cast off" she says "you can go home if a few hours"

My face lights up as I look at her, stunned.

Only a 2 weeks.

Somehow, she almost knew what I was thinking and said "yes, the damage to your ankle was only minor, but still needed the use of a cast to ensure proper recovery"

I try to smile but again, the pain shot through the corner of my mouth.

"Now, sit here for a bit" she said "and the doctor will be in soon to take you to get your cast off your leg, ok?"

I nod happily and she walks out of the room.

A few minutes later, the same doctor came back in with a wheelchair and smiled at me.

"You ready?" He asked

I nod again.

He helps me out of bed and into the wheelchair.