Chapter 18

Jeff?

I don't want to be near him!

"I don't know what it is about you" he grinned "but you really get on my nerves"

I shiver as he grips my shoulders and pins me against the tree. His nails dug into my skin and his face was more horrifying than when I saw him.

"You make my head hurt" He growled "I don't remember much from my past, but you seem like someone who was close to me since you keep showing up near me"

I nod slowly. He remembers me! This is great, he just saved me from a vicious monster and now he can help us with this Slenderman business.

"I've killed everyone I think I've known" He sneered "Now for you, and that annoying boy who keeps saving you. After that, I'll be free from my past"

He pulled a knife from his hoodie pocket and held it to my throat. I quiver and tears form in my eyes. I didn't know what to do. I was in a state of panic and my body froze. This was going to be the end. I was miles into the woods without any was to contact Liu, and there was a psycho murderer holding a bloodied blade to my throat.

'Please' I mouth as the tears pour down my cheeks and drop onto the rotting, amber leaved below me.

Jeff just grinned wider and chuckled lightly to himself.

"Get off her!" A familiar voice yelled

Jeff groaned very audibly and turned around, gripping me by the hair and still holding the knife against me. "What the fuck do you want now?!"

"Let her go" Liu pleaded "and you'll never see us again, ok"

"How about no?"

"How about, looking behind you before you turn away" Liu smirked

Jeff cocked his head in confusion as did I. Jeff turned around hesitantly and pulled me with him. The only thing behind us was a tree and the rest of the forest. Jeff suddenly let go of me and I fell to the ground. I scramble around to my elbows and look up to see Liu had stabbed Jeff in the back with his knife. Liu had only pushed the knife half way into Jeff's skin and tears were pouring down his face. Jeff's face was full of pure terror as he dropped to his knees. Liu pulled out the knife slowly and Jeff turned around to face him.

"You-" Jeff stuttered

Liu had basically had a mental break down and was sobbing into his hands

"You- you should've killed me while you had the chance" Jeff hissed as he unexpectedly pounced onto Liu.

Liu fell to his back, dumbfounded as Jeff pushed the knife towards Liu's chest. Liu was quick to block it and countered it by stabbing Jeff in the arm in the exact place where the other killer had stabbed. Jeff howled in pain as he dropped his knife and held the knife in his arm. Liu pushed Jeff of of him and ran over to me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet, pulling me through the maze of woods. I had trouble keeping up with him as he pulled me at his fast pace. I nearly tripped over many tree roots and rocks along the way as we took twists and turns around suddenly appearing trees. I was loosing my breath fast and my legs were weak from walking around the woods before this. Liu's pace slowed after a while until we came to a complete stop. I wasn't familiar in where we were, then again when was I, we were both panting uncontrollably when Liu dropped to his knees and once again began sobbing into his hands. He mumbled inaudible words as he cried out in emotional pain. I kneel next to him and rub his back softly to try and comfort him.

"I-I didn't know what t-to do" He cried

I wanted to calm him down, but I couldn't do much more than pat him on the back sympathetically.

"I-I didn't w-want to h-hurt him"

I wrap my arms carefully around him and he returns the hug as he cries into my shoulder. I had never seen him act this way, he was always so calm and collected. Seeing such a person crumble before my eyes was somewhat nerve wracking. Liu pulled away from the hug and wiped his eyes before standing and holding out a hand for me.

"I'm sorry" he sniffs "I didn't mean to break down on you"

I give an apologetic look and he nods understandingly.

"We better get home then" He smiles with red, tear filled eyes

I smile back and we begin to walk back to the cabin. Liu was quiet, only speaking to tell me how far we were form home. I wasn't exactly excited when we got back. Liu wasn't at all pleasant as Sully came back to 'play'

He began flipping furniture and yelling about how he hates himself. I sat outside, leaning against a close tree. I felt like crying, but my eyes were dry and I hadn't had a drink in hours. I sat there for a good half an hour when Liu came out of the door carrying my jacket, his jacket and a backpack.

He pulled my book out of his bag and handed it to me. I nod in thanks and open it up, only to have my hand grabbed as Liu pulls me into the woods.

I try to protest, but to no avail.