Chapter 20

Our fate was inevitable as Slenderman looked down on us with a hatred filled, blank stare. Liu was helpless as he lay limp in the monsters grip. All I could do was watch helplessly as Liu was going to be ripped apart right in front of me. I started to cry, the salty tears were stinging my eyes as they dripped down my face. I felt the world around me blow away in the wind and I felt the pressure on my stomach wash away. With it. I felt like I was falling and only did I realise what was going on, when I hit the ground. I feel a strong surface impact my side and my eyes shot open. I look around as see that I was in fact lying on the forest floor. Was it just a dream? No, it was too real.

The screaming was what woke me up from my daze. It wasn't Liu, but it sounded similar.

"y/n!" I hear someone call from behind me

II turn around to see Liu stumbling over to me in a hurry, holding his arm.

I scramble to my feet and run over to him. I give him worried looks concerning his arm and he understands me immediately.

"It's ok" He says "We just need to get out of here first, ok?"

I disagree. He was always putting himself in danger to save me, now it's my turn to help him.

I had done this training of fixing dislocated limbs in school so it wasn't a problem for me. Liu tries to push me away but as soon as I have a grip on his arm, he stops moving. (I've never done it before myself, nor have I seen someone else do it. So, I'm just going to save the details and say that you did it [yay])

Liu lets out a small whimper as I pop his shoulder back into place. I pull his other hand up and place it on his shoulder, signalling him to hold it until I ca get a bandage. He nods and stands up shakily.

"We need to get out of here" he says as he leads me through the trees.

I follow close behind him, holding onto his shirt for comfort. I want to know what happened, but right now isn't the time. We walk for a bit until we come to the dirt path that I was at before. I walk over to the tree I climbed and grabbed our bag that I had left behind. I look inside for any kind of bandage, and sure enough there is one. I hold it out to Liu and he refuses.

"Don't worry about me" He smiles "Just wait till we get there"

He had never told me where we were going or why, so I was confused by this. He starts to walk on further. I zip up the bag, swing it over my shoulder and follow him once again.

A few hours later...

My legs ached and I bet Liu's did too. We have been walking nonstop for hours now with no food or water. I pull on Liu's sleeve to get his attention. He looks down at me and smiles faintly.

"We're nearly there" He assures "I promise"

I nod and smile back.

Sure enough, we soon came to a huge building. It must be more than five floors. Where were we? Liu doesn't stop walking and we walk into the old, vine covered building. Inside was a desk and a few flipped chairs scattered across the floor. There was a long hallway and what looked like doorways each a few metres apart. It was then I realised, we were in a hospital. An abandoned hospital.

"We'll stay here for the time being" Liu says as he strolls down the hallway. I stop him and carefully push him into the closest room. I sit him down on a chair that was in the corner of the room and take out the bandages. He sighs.

"Ok, ok" He says, defeated

He takes off his shirt for me to put on the bandage.

(Insert perverted thought here if you wish)

I wrap them around to constrict his shoulder and when I'm done, he puts his shirt back on and gives me a small kiss on the forehead. I blush slightly and he giggles.

"So, how are you?" He asks

I nod and smile.

"Are you sure?" He confirms

I nod again. I was fine, I just wanna know what's happened. I try to explain to Liu that I wanted to know what happened and somehow, he got the message.

"uh, uh- J-Jeff s-saved us" He managed to choke up.

I look at him with a dumbfounded look.

"Y-Yeah" his voice was unsteady and threatening to break.

Before he says anything else, I pull him into a tight embrace and bury my face in his chest. I comfort him and he sniffs, trying to hold back tears. He lets go and smiles at me.

"Thanks" He says quietly

I give him a small smile and stand up. What are we meant to do now? Just sit in this dump while we're being hunted by a supernatural beast? I guess so. He walks out of the room and down the hall. I stay in the room and looked out of the window. The woods was close and I could only see a few feet in from this window. I pull up a chair and rest my head on my hands on the windowsill. I end up closing my eyes and from all the stress, I eventually fall into a light sleep.

Time Skip...

"Liu!" I hear a quiet voice "Liu! Are you here?"

My eyelids flutter open and I see that the sky is now dark. There was a quiet muffled voice yelling through the halls. I sit up, my back aching from the positioning I was lying in, and look around. Footsteps grew closer and I whipped my head around to see who was making all the noise. A face stared back at me through the doorway. It was Jeff. I stand up and take a step back, almost falling over the chair. 

"No, no. Wait" Jeff took a few steps towards me

I was shaking. My knees were threatening to fail on me.

"It's ok" He reassured "I'm just looking for Liu"

I wasn't sure I could trust him. He tried to kill me and Liu on multiple occasions. 

"I'm sorry, ok?" 

I wanted to call for help, but I can't really do that, so I just stand there in shock.

"Can you just take me to Liu, I need to apologise"

I nod slowly. Maybe I can tryst him. I'll try my luck.

I walk past Jeff and he follows behind me. I walk around the ground floor and eventually find Liu coming down the stairs.

"Liu" Jeff runs up to Liu and gives him a hug.

Liu was as shocked as I was but kindly returned the hug.

"What are you doing here?" Liu asked

"I began remembering painful memories" Jeff explain "And I want to get rid of them. But before I do, I want to warn you that Slender has got his whole squad after you guys"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'll be hunting you too soon" He says "I'm sorry"

Jeff turned around and began walking away. He left the hospital and Liu and I shared worried glances with each other. 

"We're going to have to go on the run now" Liu says suddenly "We'll leave tomorrow and head for the next town over"

I nod. My gut was churning with fear and Liu could tell as he pulled me into a caring hug. 

"I won't leave you, don't worry" Liu soothes "I love you"

-----------

What a crap ending.