Chapter 17

"How did you do that??!"
A voice asks from behind me. I stood in an empty classroom, watching as all the children run out screaming for their lives at the fact that I had just made our teachers head explode. Well, all kids, except one. I turn around to see a boy stood there, looking down at the remains of the teachers brain. He wasn't showing any signs of fear. Instead, he seemed to be intrigued by it.
"Are you a witch??! Did you cast a spell on him?"
The boy asks, walking over to the teachers body, crouching down, examining the fleshy remains and tears of its neck.
"I uh.. n-no. It's not.. it wasn't, a spell.. witches don't exist silly!"
I try to throw him off the idea, in case he started to spread that I'm a witch. Kneeling down next to him, he had such a cute face and for some reason, he was always smiling. Even when looking at the teachers corpse.
"So, how did you do it?! WAIT! You brought the toad back to life too right?!"
Always smiling. With every question he asked. He'd always be smiling. It started to rub off on me a little, causing me to smile and feel more happy about the situation.
"Yep! That was me too! But Sir took his life away again. It's only fair that I took Sirs life. Right?"
"Yeah!"
The boy agrees with me as we both stand to our feet. He puts out his hand for me to shake, grabbing it tightly, he vigorously shakes my hand up and down. I couldn't stop giggling at how much it made my body shake.
"I'm [Name], and you are?"
"Im-"
I never found out the name of that boy from my class when I was 7. A teacher with police ran in, grabbing us both and separating us. Dragging me away and taking him to 'safety'. Away from me.

~**~

I groan as I slowly peel open my eyes. The suns beam of light was so bright, it was practically blinding. Lifting my hands to my face, I rub my eyes, trying to wake them up. But then suddenly realised, I was actually rubbing my eyes. Meaning, I wasn't wearing my mask. In a frantic manner, I quickly sit up looking for it. Finding it on a small bedside table, next to a lamp. Grabbing it, I quickly place it on. Breathing a sigh of relief that it was on my face.
After a few seconds, I finally calm down. Looking around to see where I was, as I was clearly no longer in the woods. Luckily, I was alone in the room. But I was worried of who it was that took my mask off in the first place. Or who it was that brought me in here. I appeared to be in a bedroom, but it looked hardly used. Until now of course. There was dust covering the walls and ceiling. The wardrobe was thick was dust, even the beside table. With a print of where my mask had been. The only places with no dust, were the floor and the bed I was sleeping in. It felt good to be sleeping in a bed again. Sleeping on Jeffs floor was not comfortable at all.

As I finally relax that I was not in anyone's room that might kill me for being in here, I pull off the blanket and swing my legs over the edge of the bed, only to see a flash of white. Huh?? Looking down at myself, I was completely covered in white bandages. I wore nothing except for a bra and underwear. There were at least four bandages on my left leg and three on my right. My left arm had a tight bandage all the way along from the wrist to the shoulder, surrounded by a hard metal brace with splints. Guess that I broke my left arm, explains the sound of a bone snapping. My right arm had at least eight bandages, two of which were just around my fingers. I had a large bandage around the entirety of my stomach and one around my neck. I was practically a living Egyptian mummy. I was just glad I couldn't feel any of it. The only question now was, who did this for me? Did EJ do it? As he was the one who helped me with the hole in my leg when I first arrived. To which was now fully healed. Or maybe it was Slender. I hope to god it was Slender as he's the only one who's seen my face.

Standing off of the bed, I look around for clothing to wear. But, there was none. None on the bed, on the floor, in the wardrobe. Nothing.
Poking my head out of the door to see if anyone was around to help, there was no one. The halls were completely empty and silent.
"I need to find some clothes.."
I remembered storing away trousers in a cleaning closet, but, I needed to find it in order to get them. Only problem is, all of the doors are exactly the same. I would have no chance.
Sighing heavily, I step back into the room, closing the door shut and turning around. Only to see neatly folded up clothes on the end of my bed. What? They weren't there before..?
Shaking my head in confusion, I make my way to the bed, grabbing the clothes and start to get changed.
Once finished, I turn around again, only for Slender to be standing in front of the door. Causing me to gasp and jump.
"S-Slender! I wasn't expecting-"
"My apologise for making you jump. I see you're rested."
"I-uh.. yes I am. But, I have a question. Who, bandaged me and.. took off, my mask?"
"I myself mended your wounds and removed your mask. But it was Jeff who brought you here after you were attacked."
It was Jeff who saved me? Just before I blanked out, I heard someone yell my name. My real name.. I thought it might have been in my head, hearing Sakuras voice as a safe haven. But it was actually Jeff.
"It is common decency to thank the one who mended you. Where are your manners?"
"S-Sorry.. Thank you.. Slender.. um, Where, where is Jeff now?"
"After he brought you here and informed me of your attack. He left."
With that, Slender says no more and teleports out of the room. I was grateful and thankful that it was Slender who took off my mask, no one else. But.. why was Jeff the one to save me?