Chapter 23

Readers POV
I watch as Sally runs away with her face in her hands, tears streaming down her cheeks. The poor girl. All she wanted was some attention.
"Was that really necessary?"
I snap at Jeff, storming out of the room, following Sally's distant cries as I try to find her to make her feel better.
Luckily, her room wasn't far away. So it didn't take long to catch up to her. Slowly peering into her room from the doorway that she left open. I spot her as she's sat on her bed with her back leaning on the wall, her knees bent and pulled towards her chest as her head lays on her folded arms that rest on her knees.
Slowly stepping into her room, lowering my head and arching down my back to try and see her face under her arms, crouching down in the middle of the floor.
"Sally? Sweetheart? Are you alright?"
She doesn't answer me however. She just continues to cry, constantly sniffing her nose as she sobs loudly.
Shuffling forward a little I try to speak to her again.
"Sally.. I'm sure Jeff didn't mean -"
"This is your fault.."
she mumbles quietly. I think I might have heard what she said but I wasn't entirely sure.
"Sorry? What did you-"
"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"
She screams, jumping up suddenly on her bed to tower over me. Causing me to quickly stand to my feet and back away. I watch as she stands there, her breathing becoming very angry and seeming full of rage. Her tears begin to turn a blood red as it streams down her eyes. All around her seems to go dark like shadows were surrounding her body.
Before I could react she suddenly chargers and pounces on me. Causing me to fall to the ground. She sat on my chest, violently thrashing and punching her fists against my chest until she suddenly grabs my mask, throwing it at the wall. Instantly pushing her off before she can see my face, I run to my mask, only to see it's broken.
"ITS ALL YOUR FAULT JEFF IS LIKE THIS! I HATE YOU! YOU RUINED EVERY-"
"Sally. That's enough."
A voice calls. I don't turn around, I couldn't let whoever it was and Sally see my face. So I just stand facing the wall.
"Sally.. go see BEN in the tv room."

I listen as Sally storms out of the room. Sighing deeply, I crouch down and pick up my broken mask.
"Is it still useable?"
I knew who that voice was now. It was Jeff.
Taking a deep breath, I turn around, watching as he walks over to me. The mask had snapped into three pieces. Perfectly in half, but one of the half's split into two. But luckily, it was the right side that split into two. The left was all intact.
"'Maybe I could just wear the left side of it..Although I may need to make a new strap.."
Jeff sighs, shaking his head as he takes the two small pieces from the right side of the mask.
"Or you could just not wear it at all."
"You know I can't do that. Besides you don't get an opinion after ignoring me for days."
I snap angrily. Holding the half mask to my face as I leave Jeff alone and head to my room to fix what's left of my mask.