Chapter 18

After Slender had left, I decided I wanted to go back to my parents house. But I also wanted to keep this room for my own. Opening the bedroom door, I step out and close it behind me. I just needed some way to remember this room and door. Then I remember, I hadn't treated my nails yet since leaving the hospital, so they should be long and perhaps sharp enough to engrave scratches in the door. However, as I look down to my hands, my nails had been cut and shortened. My guess was that Slender done it when he treated me.
Sighing, I lower my head, only to lock my gaze on my belt. The clothes on the bend weren't maid clothes, they were everyday clothes. Jeans and a shirt, but luckily the jeans had a belt. So I remove it and attach it around the door handle. Marking the room so I know how to find it again. Just look for any door with a belt on the handle.

Making my way down the hall, it was actually pretty easy to find the kitchen, so it should be pretty easy to find the room again.
It was strange. The halls were completely empty and so was the kitchen dining room. Where was everyone? Well, to be honest, I didn't care where they were. As long as they're away from me, I don't care.
Reaching the front door that leads into the forest, I take a deep breath as I reach for the handle. My heart was pounding in my throat. I guess it was the remaining fear from the thing that attacked me.
"Come on... you got this.. deep breaths. 1...2...3."
After counting down, I swing open the door and step out into the forest, squinting my eyes shut as I do so, allowing the door to slowly close shut behind me.
I peek open my eyes carefully but sigh with relief, relaxing completely. There was no beast or monster waiting in front of me, ready to devour me.
Smiling to myself, I set off for 'home'. I don't know why, but I just felt the need to go back. Like it was calling me back home. My parents had removed all photos of me from the sitting room. I guess I wanted to see if that was the same for the whole house. Although, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to use the front door or window again, now that it's soon to be a crime science.

It didn't take long for me to reach my parents house, running around the back entrance, I can see an open window, only problem was, I needed to climb to get to it as it wasn't in the bottom floor. Looking around for something to use, I notice vines grow all the way up towards the window, being held in their shape by some sort of wooden frame support. So I decide to climb that, as easy as climbing a ladder almost. But once at the top, I realise something. This was the window to my old bedroom. 
Taking a deep breath, I climb inside. I was shocked. Nothing had changed. It was exactly how I left it all those years ago. My bed, my toys, my clothes, all my stuff. Hadn't moved an inch. But then I notice something, well, two things. One, the bedroom light was on. Two, my old diary from when I was little was open on my desk. Open to a certain day. My last entry. The day I killed my teacher.
Picking it up, I begin to read what I had written. Smiling a little at how innocent I sounded even though I had just committed an act of murder to a school teacher.
"I knew I recognised your name."