Chapter 21

Readers POV
I was furious. The fact that Jeff thinks he can just join in and help with my revenge. I don't think so. This is and will be MY revenge! MINE! If someone helps, it won't be the same. I won't be getting my own back to them because of everything they did. It would just be a simple murder spree but with Jeff tagging along. No. I won't allow that, I won't allow it.
"No. No you're not helping me! This is something I have to do for myself!"
Jeff rolls his eyes, walking away and grabbing his knife that lay next to my mask. Stuffing it in his pocket. But he leaves my mask to continue lying on the bedroom floor.
"You don't have a choice. You either let me help you kill them. Or you don't get to at all."
"You can't do that! That's not your decision to make!"
He growls, storming back over to me, grabbing his knife and quickly forcing it up harshly towards my neck, pinning me to the wall.
"You may have powers [Name], but you're weak! Your body is weak! You won't manage alone."
He sighs, lowering his knife back to his pocket and stepping away.
"You'll be dead before you even get the chance."
I didn't know what to say. I mean. He did have a point. I never really had any training to toughen myself up. So strength wise, I am pretty weak and can be easily over powered. Jeff has already proven that..
Taking a deep breath in before exhaling, I open my mouth to speak but suddenly freeze. My eyes shooting in the direction of the door. Jeff gives me a confused glance but soon turns around to see what had caught my attention. But he soon hears it too. Footsteps, making their way towards this room. We didn't react fast enough however. The door opens and a police man steps in. His expression was normal but once he saw us, he instantly went into attack mode. After all, there was a crime scene downstairs.
"OFFICERS! IN HERE!"
He calls to the others. Jeff and I make a break for it, rushing to the window. Jeff leaps out and grabs the wooden frame hidden behind the vines. Waiting for me to follow, but I realised I had forgotten something.
"My mask!"
"Forget it! You don't need it!"
Jeff orders. But I wasn't leaving without it. The police man was, well, he was very well built. Built with muscle. Although, he looked like he would be quite slow. Rushing back, I grab my mask, ducking under the swing of his arms. Quickly making my way back to the window, only to have my hair yanked, dragging me back.
"[Name] you fucking idiot!"
Jeff yells as he jumps back in the room. With all the strength I can, I pry myself from the officers grasp, turning to face him and locking eyes with his as my hands clamp around the side of his head, squeezing tightly. I glared deep down into his soul, practically melting his brain as blood gushed from his eyes, ears and nose. His screams of agony altered all his other officers. They come barging in but Jeff soon makes quick work of them with his knife. But I focused on the one in front of me. Dragging out his death and pain for as long as possible.
His skin surrounding his face begins to become sweaty, dripping and dripping. But eventually, his own skin begins to melt off of his skull, like melting wax dripping down a candle. Within minutes there was nothing left but an empty skull attached to a lifeless body as it falls to my feet.
Placing my mask over my face, Jeff grabs my hand and yanks me in his direction.
"Come on!"
He let's go, climbing down the frame.
Making a run for it, I jump out of the window. Having a moment of forgetfulness. In my mind, I thought we were downstairs. So the window was only inches off of the ground. But that wasn't the case. I was very high up. Meters upon meters.
My body plummets to the floor and I land on my legs, hearing a loud snap and crunch as I fall. Catching my breath and waiting for the dizziness to fade. I glance down to my legs, only to see the bone piercing through the skin, caused by an open fracture. Jeff runs over and grabs my ankle instantly, placing a hand below the protruding bone. Blood soaking his hand as it pours from the wound, the teared and ripped flesh hanging loosely.
"We need to push it back in."
I give him a nod, removing the metal brace from my arm, preparing it to be used for my leg.
I watch with interest as Jeff yanks on my ankle, causing my leg to jerk down as his hand forces the fractured bone back into place. A cringe worthy crunch and splatter of blood fills the air.
Shaking my head and squinting my eyes to rid the sound from my mind, I hand Jeff the brace to which he sets to work placing it around my leg. Helping me to my feet, making our way back to the mansion.