Something's Blooming in the Air, and It's not spring.

~*~ Your POV
You sat on the windowsill on the opposite side of the Workshop and away from the Guardians. You let out a sigh as you drew little snowflakes on the fogged window.

You sat back, huddled in the corner of the windowsill looking outside, at the winter wonderland. You hugged your knees to your chest and buried your head into your arms.

"Mom.. what am I getting myself into?" You asked in a hushed voice, not directed to anyone, but almost begging to get an answer.

"A lot of things," you heard. You lifted your head to see a certain winter spirit walking up to you. You sat up a bit as you scooted over and he sat down next to you.

"What are you doing here, Jack?" You asked. He just grinned,

"I figured you needed cheering up, you seem stressed,"

You let out a sarcastic chuckle, "yeah, that's the word for it," you stated, "you know what? To hell with Pitch! He's the man that left me and my mother!" You stumbled upon the words angrily but sighed, "I'm sorry. I don't know what had gotten into me back there. I get emotional over topics such as that.."

Jack nodded, "I understand. It's family issues, I come a long way from that," he joked. You just stayed silent and he sighed, "You do need cheering up,"

You laughed half-heartedly, "And how are you supposed to do that?"

He smirked, "I'm the Guardian of Fun, snowflake. I think I know a few things,"

You stared as he turned to the window. He was about to draw something but he stopped and looked at the snowflakes on your side of the window,

"What are these?!" He asked in disbelief, "Are these supposed to be snowflakes?!"

You laughed, "I tried! I'm not an artist!"

"They look like distressed spiders!" He scoffed, "A dog could draw that," he joked. He then touched the window and a snowflake figured spread onto the window, beautiful spirals and patterns entranced into it.

"That's no fair! You have ice powers!" You protested, laughing. Your mood seemed to be instantly lifted. He grinned and formed a snowflake into the palm of his hand,

"That's a snowflake," he informed. You just stared into his palm, at the snowflake. It was so beautiful! You slowly brought your hand to his palm, entranced Into the patterns of the flake.

"It's to beautiful." You mumbled. He just chuckled softly and you said, "You have a gift, Jack. A beautiful gift that I'd love to have," he laughed at that.

You attempted to touch the snowflake, but it instantly melted and you sighed,

"Even the snow melts in my hand," you mumbled. "To be honest.. I'm scared of him, my father. I fear him, I hate him, I try to tell myself he's good, but from what you guys have told me, I don't even know what to think of him now.. maybe he's-" your voice choked and your eyes brimmed with small tears. Your hand still rested in Jack's palm, and before you could retract it, he closed his hand and pulled you into a tight hug. Your heart leaped as you could only hear his breathing, and you felt the soft material of his hoodie. Your heart raced and you weren't sure what was going on. After a moment of surprise, you relaxed into the embrace, thankful for it. Your tears dried up into his hoodie as you clung to him for comfort.

"I don't want you to be down, Y/n," Jack mumbled. You could feel the vibrations of his voice in his chest, and you relaxed further into the hug. You hadn't hugged anyone in a while. You lifted your head and looked into his icy blue eyes, as he stared into your E/C ones. You smiled, wiping away the tears completely.

"Thank you. I hadn't had a hug in a long time. I needed it.." you said. He smiled back,

"Anytime you need it, I'll be here," he replied. You hugged him again and closed your eyes, embracing the comfort. You then looked back at Jack, but blushed as he stared back. What was going on? Before you could answer your own question,-

"Well would ya look at that," you heard a familiar Australian accent sound trough the room. You and Jack quickly sprang apart, your face flaring a bright red, and you couldn't bring yourself to look at Jack as you glared at Bunny. All the Guardians were standing there, smirking at us.

"Shut up, Bunny!" You defended.

"Yeah, shut it Kangaroo." Jack mumbled. He ruffled his white hair and flew to the back of the group and you jumped off the windowsill and started walking away back to the globe room.

Bunny laughed and you almost wanted to punch him in his furry face as he said,

"Somethin's blooming in the air, and it's not spring,"