Bike Ride (James)

Bike Ride -James One Shot

"It's such a gorgeous day. Let's spend it outside." You said, glancing at James.

"Can't. I must beat this level." He replied, his hazel eyes glued to the tv. You rolled your (E/C) eyes and crossed your arms across your chest.

"You've been playing that stupid game for the past week. When are you going to stop?" You asked, glaring at him.

"It has not been a week. I got it on Thursday." He scoffed, not moving his eyes from the tv.

"Gee. And guess what. It's Thursday." You fired back.

"Okay, so it's been a week. But this is game is awesome and I have to beat it before Carlos." James declared, his thumbs quickly dancing over the controller.

You groaned, marching into the living room. "Who cares if you beat Carlos? It's not like you'll win a prize."

James paused the game and quickly stood up. "Actually, we do have a prize."

"Oh, my god." You scoffed, shaking your head, a smile on your face.

"Kendall and Logan aren't involved in this competition because they don't have the game. But me and Carlos are trying to see who can beat this game first. If I win, he owes me twenty bucks." James explained, determination clear in his voice.

"It's twenty bucks. Who gives a rip?" You fired back.

"I do!" He quickly argued. You scoffed, rolling your (E/C) eyes.

"I can't believe his girlfriend is allowing him to participate in this stupid competition." You replied, shaking your head at him.

"Oh, she's not. That's why Carlos is playing at 3am so she doesn't find out." James said, making you slightly laugh. Carlos getting up at 3am to play a stupid game? That sounded absolutely insane.

"Well, can you take an hour of your day to do something with me? This is the one day I have off of work for the next week." You sighed, hoping he would agree. You worked at the hospital and you were on call of the next week.

James hummed, placing his hand on his chin. "Fine. Only because I miss you whenever you're at work." He smiled. You giggled, kissing his cheek.

"Aww. You're so sweet." You teased, making him playfully roll his hazel eyes.

"Let's go on a bike ride around town. We haven't done that in months." He said, grabbing the helmets from the closet. He tossed your (F/C) helmet and tucked his blue one under his arm.

"Yeah, because you've been busy on tour." You grinned, catching your helmet.

xxx

"Do you even remember how to ride a bike? It looks like it's barely been used!" James exclaimed, looking at your (F/C) bike.

"Well, I don't like riding bike at night alone so I've been taking the car to work." You replied, giving him a shy smile. He rolled his hazel eyes, a smile growing on his face.

"You're lucky you're cute."

You giggled, hopping onto your bike. "Let's go!" You cheered, riding down the driveway.

"Woo-hoo!" James cheered behind you. You laughed as he caught up to you, swerving the road.

You laughed, watching him fool around. "It looks like you don't know how to ride a bike." You teased.

"Please, I rode bikes all the time in Minnesota. How do you think we got to each other's houses?" He replied, lightly laughing.

"Oh, yeah? Do a trick." You declared, egging him on.

"Look, no hands!" He exclaimed, raising his hands from the handle bars. Your jaw dropped as you watched him control the bike just using his balance.

"Okay, I admit. That's a pretty cool trick." You smiled as he laughed and grabbed the handle bars again.

"We used to pull tricks all of the time," James began. "Logan had a bike with pegs on the back and we all used to ride on the back and pull tricks on them. We got a lot of scraps and scars from doing that, but we had a blast."

"I'm surprised that you guys didn't try making ramps." You said.

"Oh, trust me. We did. Kendall's mom quickly shut that down when Katie started to join in. But then Carlos came up with the great idea of riding out bikes at the skatepark. I broke arm trying to do a flip." He smiled, now calmly riding beside you.

"I'm glad it was just your arm. You couldn't have gotten really hurt." You replied, studying James.

"Yeah, after that we never rode our bikes there again. It kinda traumatized us." James shrugged as you stopped at a stop light.

"I bet. It must have been pretty scary." You said. The light turned green, so you and James raced to see who could get across the street first. Just like usual, James easily won.

"No one can beat James Diamond!" He cheered, popping a wheelie and letting out a whoop. You rolled your eyes, knowing his ego had just grown.

"Yupp, you're the best." You smiled, riding beside him.

"So, do you know any cool tricks, (Y/N)?" He asked, his hazel eyes studying you.

"I can ride with just one hand." You replied, knowing it wasn't cool at all. Anyone could do that.

"Here, I'll teach ya how to pop a wheelie." He offered, pulling towards the side of the sidewalk so people could walk past.

He reach over, grabbing your handle bars. "All you have to do is lift the front wheel," he explained. He lifted the handle bars, making the first wheel raise from the ground. "See? Easy." He smiled, his hand brushing against yours.

"Sure, easy." You blushed, smirking at him.

"Just try it." He chuckled, waving for you to go. You hesitantly rode in front of him, nervous about falling. You would be totally embarrassed if you fell off your bike.

You closed your eyes and pulled up on your bike. "Hey, I did it!" You smiled, twisting to glance at James.

"Nice! I'm proud of you, (Y/NN)." He cheered, widely smiling at you. You laughed, letting out a loud whoop.

Suddenly, something rammed into the back of your wheel. You flipped around, glaring at James. "Hey!" You playfully glared.

"Just bumping ya a little." He grinned, bumping to you again.

"Stop!" You laughed as he did it again. He laughed as you entered the park, riding side by side again.

"This has turned out to be a lot of fun. Glad you got me out of the house." He stated, stopping his bike and standing up. You stopped beside him, smirking at him.

"Even if you lose to Carlos?" You asked.

"Even if I lose to Carlos." He chuckled. His hand reached for you cheek, bringing your lips to his. Suddenly, the sprinklers in the park went off, getting you and James wet.

You squealed as you felt the cold water hit your skin. James laughed he wiped the water from his face. "Let's get out of here!" He shouted, a smile wide on his face. Quickly, you both pedaled out of the park, laughing like crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~