Camping adventure (Short Story)

Camping Adventure -Boys Pre-famous Short Story

"Bye, boys! Be good!" Carlos' mom shouted from the minivan.

"Bye!" They waved. She blew them a kiss then drove away, leaving the boys alone in the wilderness. Somehow, the four boys had talked their parents into letting them go camping without any adult supervision.

"We are now men in their natural habitats." Kendall grinned, placing his hands on his hips.

"All alone in the harsh wild of Minnesota." James continued, also placing his hands on his hips.

"With death lurking around every corner." Carlos added, following Kendall and James' lead.

"For one weekend," Logan smiled. The boys all took a deep breath, smelling the pine. They let out a satisfied sigh. "Well, let's get started on the tent." Logan said, clasping his hands together.

"Right. We should set up shelter to survive the night." Carlos grinned, joining Logan.

"Setting up the tent is boring," James groaned, rolling his eyes. "Let's go down to the beach."

"Logan's right. We should set up the tent before it gets dark." Kendall agreed, kneeling down beside Carlos and Logan.

"I thought we came out here to have fun." James huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"There'll be plenty of chances to go to the lake. Just help set up camp." Kendall replied, glaring at the grumpy teen. James muttered under his breath as he unpacked the sleeping bags.

After setting their campsite, the boys stood back and admired it. "And to think, our parents didn't trust us being out here by ourselves." Kendall scoffed, looking at his group of friends.

"To be fair, we are only fifteen," Logan replied. The guys turned and glared at him. "Mature fifteen-year-olds who are totally going to prove their parents wrong." He added with a smile.

They nodded in agreement. "Okay. Let's go to the beach now!" James cheered, grabbing his towel.

"I'm hungry." Carlos complained, slightly pouting.

"Just eat something at the beach, like a bag of chips." James quickly said. He really wanted to get to the beach today. For some reason, he had this sickening feeling that this would be their only chance, despite being here all weekend.

"I don't want chips. I want something with protein." Carlos stated, flexing his muscles.

"Then have some beef sticks. Your mom packed plenty in the cooler." Logan shrugged.

Kendall scoffed, walking towards the cooler. "You mom packed us food?" He asked.

Carlos jumped beside Kendall, arching his eyebrow. "Yeah, why?"

"We're men. We don't need our mommies packing us food." He said, scrunching his nose.

"Then what are we going to eat? We didn't bring anything else." Logan said, furrowing his eyebrows.

James groaned, rolling his hazel eyes. "Who cares? Let's fight about this later. Can we just go to the beach, please?"

"Later." The other three boys declared, turning around to look at James. They whipped back, looking at the cooler.