Boring MN PT2 (Short Story)

Boring MN PT2 -Boys pre-famous Short Story

"I still can't believe we fooled your dad." Carlos laughed before digging into his bowl of cereal.

"Same."James grinned. It was past noon already, but the boys hardly noticed. They pulled an all nighter so they decided to sleep in a little to gain back some energy.

"I can't believe I drove without realizing it." Logan stated, staring off into the distance. The boys hummed in agreement.

"I was both impressed and terrified at the same time." Kendall nodded in agreement.

"So, what are we going to do for the rest of the day? It's Friday and we are still on summer break." Carlos asked, looking around at the group.

"I don't know. But I'm exhausted." Logan complained.

"Well, better fix that attitude 'cause we've got to complete my summer bucket list." James declared, tapping his notepad on the counter.

"You had a summer bucket list and didn't tell us until we had two weeks left of summer?" Kendall scoffed, arching an eyebrow at James.

"Yeah, 'cause I just finished making it this morning." James replied back, rolling his hazel eyes.

"Ooo! What do you have planned?" Carlos grinned, snatching the notepad. Quickly, he flipped to the page, excitement buzzing around him. "Lie to your parents." He read out loud.

"Check! Completed last night." James answered.

"Break the law."

"Check!"

"Sneak out."

"Check again!"

"Try frolfing."

"Check- wait, what?" James asked, suddenly jumping up to look over Carlos' shoulder.

"That's what you have written." Carlos replied, pointing to the notepad.

James hummed, backing away and resting his hand on his chin. "I could have swore I completed that one."

"What's frolfing?" Kendall asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"It's frisbee golf. Most people just combine the two words together." Logan briefly explained, shrugging his shoulder. Kendall awed, nodding his head, understanding.

"Well, I guess we found out what we're doing today." James grinned, grabbing his empty bowl and chucking it into the sink.

"Sounds good to me." Carlos shrugged, following James' lead.

Kendall and Logan shrugged their shoulders and stood up as well. They had nothing better to do today anyways. They might as well spend the rest of their summer doing something enjoyable.

xxx

"It's simple," James began, holding a disc. "All you have to do is throw the disc at the basket and count how many times it takes you to get it there. It's literally like golf but with frisbees."

"Alright, who goes first?" Kendall asked, tossing his disc up in the air and catching it.

"Shortest piece of grass." James declared, swiping at the grass then turning around. He held the strands in his hand, reaching it out to the rest of the guys. Each of them grabbed a strand, either cursing under their breath or jumping with joy.

"Carlos goes first." Logan, Kendall, and James stated together, looking at Carlos' tiny strand of grass. They all wished they had his luck.

"Then it's James." Kendall added, gesturing towards the grinning brunette.