Dance Emergency (Short Story)

Dance Emergency -Boys pre-famous short story

"The dance tonight is going to awesome." James declared as he and the guys walked to his house. It was a Friday afternoon and a middle school dance was planned for later that night. Most of the kids were excited and couldn't wait.

"Yeah, awkward slow dances. So awesome." Logan replied, rolling his brown eyes.

"Oh, relax. It'll be fine." Kendall said, glancing at the pessimistic brunette.

"Yeah, I'm going to ask Sara to slow dance with me tonight. I just know she'll say yes." Carlos grinned as he stomped on a few dead leaves on the ground, enjoying the crunching sound.

"And I'm going to impress everyone and make them want to dance with me," James said, a wide smile on his face. "I've been saving my hair gel just for this moment."

"And after the dance, my mom said we could spend the night." Kendall added, making the boys cheer.

"Tonight will be amazing!" Carlos exclaimed, getting a few glances on the street.

They entered James' mom's house and quickly found a bunch of snacks. Like usual, James' mother was busy at work so they were home alone. They had free range to do whatever they wanted.

"So, what are we going to do first? I've really been wanting to use your new nerf gun." Carlos grinned as James opened a bag of chips.

"Can't. My mom said we aren't allowed to destroy the house today because tomorrow she's having customers over." He answered, making the guys groan.

"We could play your new video game. We haven't got to try it out yet." Logan offered, making the guys nod their heads and smile.

"Sorry. I already completed all of the levels. I got bored this past week." He hissed in embarrassment. The guys immediately told him it was okay and continued to brainstorm. It wasn't James' fault that he had nothing else to do.

"Ooo. We could do prank calls. No one knows my new number besides you guys." James grinned, waving his new cellphone at the boys. They immediately agreed, trying to snatch the phone from James' hands.

They rushed into the living room, laying on the floor in a circle. "So, who are we going to call first?" Kendall smirked, looking at his best friends.

"Here, I have everyone's number in my phone." Logan said, tossing his phone in the center of the circle.

"How do you have so many people's numbers?" Carlos asked, going through Logan's contact list.

"They usually text me for help on homework." He shrugged, making every awe in understanding. Logan was the smartest kid in sixth grade. The best part? He was willing to give you answers if you paid him. But he never made Kendall, Carlos, or James pay. They always got the answers, but they usually had to listen to him ramble about how it's the right answer first.

"Ooo! Let's prank call Jeffery. It'll be hilarious." Kendall grinned, pointing at the name on Logan's phone.

James immediately began to type in the number as the boys snickered in the background. This was a great way to spend the afternoon.

xxx

"I can't believe it's almost time for the dance." Carlos grinned as the boys got ready in the bathroom.

"Let's hope it goes by fast." Logan replied.

"Oh, quit your whining 'cause I'm going to help you impress at least one girl tonight." James smiled, elbowing Logan's side.